“Very trendy”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Chicago, Illinois
“Very trendy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Loved the design and artwork throughout this hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, cool lobby and right downtown. Highly recommend and will return. Each floor had a different theme commemorating a different artist? Loved the flame curb appeal outside of the main entrance and the design of the lobby and front desk. Thank you! I will be bringing colleagues back to the area this fall and we will be staying here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IntlTvler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Here for the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat 2014. Excellent hotel, awesome public areas. Coffee is available for attendees, but sadly too weak, even with the Starbucks logo affixed....doesn't taste like the good stuff. But that can be overlooked in light of all the other great things. Comfy beds, good food in the restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LiisaB_12
spokane, washington
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We've stayed at the Hotel Murano about six times now and we have NEVER had one thing we could complain about - from food, to our room, to the staff - it's impressive. Do not hesitate to stay and eat here. I can't say that about many hotel restaurants, but this is a good one. And, don't miss checking out the unique piece of artwork on each and every floor. I walk those stairs every time I stay.

1 Thank 1witchywoman
arizona
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The glass art exhibits were fantastic! Also the small gift shop had all local artist inventory and a very nice selection of gifts. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the bed was really comfortable. I had a wonderful view of the city from the 25th floor.

Room Tip: I liked that this hotel had rooms on the higher floors. It was very quiet.
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and daughter stayed here 2 years ago and were eager to come back. My daughter refered to it as the "fancy" hotel. Indeed it does have a beautiful central area. The rooms are clean and beds are nice.
We did have some issues - that were a bit odd but easily fixed.
I think their restaurant, The Bite needs some minor best practices training. We went there and waited 10 minutes to get seated. It was 2pm ish...and no hostess on duty (which is totally fine). We were the only people waiting but there is a big sign that reads "Please wait to be seated." It basically tooking me chasing someone to seat us. Food was great and service well trained and polite. We returned to the Bite around 9:45 p.m. Same sign, "please wait to be seated." My daughter just finished a gymnastics competition. We waited and waited. Numerous wait staff passed us. Then a waiter came up to us and said, "we close at 10, sorry." I lost my temper and said, "I have been here waiting for at least 10 minutes, I want to feed my daughter. I just want to take food up to my room." The waiter was so apologetic and he turned a really negative experience into a very good one. The interesting thing, they don't put up a sign that says, "we are no longer serving." We were not the only people waiting as several folks lined up behind us. Still, It wouldn't matter b/c we were there before closing. Communcating with patrons seems pretty necessary because the hotel hosts many events that most likely conclude late. In the staffs' defense, it was dumping snow and I am sure the staff needed to get home.

Then we went to the elevators (3) and waited and waited. We were told by a "regular" guest that the elevators get overwhelmed and encouraged us to always stay on the 5th and 6th floor. (Good to know.) In the hotel's defense the hotel was packed and a dance competition just concluded.

When we returned to our room, there was water trickling in from the 817 bathroom into our bathroom 717. More than a drip...every 10 seconds or so (we took video). We called front desk, they sent engineer up and he ran up to 817. He was very nice and said the upstairs bathroom got water over the floor. Indeed the dripping did stop....until the next morning then it started again, we took video. This is not a water on the floor type of event. I went downstairs to talk to a manager. I couldn't speak with the manager because the front desk attendant said she could handle it and gave us $50 off because it only happened one of our two days and a $20 voucher for food. (We didn't get into 11 the night before.) That was ok- but sort of odd for a glitzy hotel to have such a leak and have sort of a set value - $50. Anyone who knows anything ....could look at the ceiling and know...this is not a new issue. So don't unpack in 717....unless you go into the bathroom...look up from the toilet and check the plaster work. Make sure they fixed it.

Bottom line, this hotel is a very lovely place. Seems like they should be a bit more proactive with best practices and fix the leaks.

Room Tip: Make sure your room doesn't leak...be pushy with the wait staff. If you can take stairs...stay...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We recently spent one night at Hotel Murano while visiting our daughter in Tacoma. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel, with a great view of the city and reasonable rates. The bed was so comfortable and we really enjoyed our stay. Because we are Oregon residents, we booked the "Staycation" package, which included free valet parking and vouchers for food in the bar and restaurant. We will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Convenient location in downtown this is an art gallery in a hotel or a hotel in an art museum , I was never sure which .Either way this is a destination hotel with a european feeling. Beds are comfortable, and staff universally responsive and friendly. Easily one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a long time. Perfect base for exploring Tacoma and surrounding area.

Room Tip: Many rooms have superb views looking out toward Puget sound and my corner room had views of Mt. Rani...
1 Thank phudsonmd