“Exceptional Service, Quality, and Location!”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am a frequent guest at Hotel Murano. I grew up in Tacoma and return frequently to visit family and to spend holidays. Once again, I stayed at Hotel Murano during my recent Thanksgiving visit to see family. The service remains excellent from check-in to check-out. Be sure to stop by the lobby bar for a cocktail with bartenders Deborah or Kristina. They are part of why I return to the hotel on every visit to Tacoma. They always remember me, give me a warm greeting, and help to create a unique, personal experience which makes my stay at Hotel Murano go from excellent to exceptional! I hope hotel management recognizes what excellent brand ambassadors they have in both Deborah and Kristina!

My room this visit was on the 15th floor with a wonderful view looking south. I enjoyed watching the sunrise each morning over Mt. Rainer. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. I always enjoy spending time looking at the glass art on the different floors. If you enjoy glass art, ask the front desk for a "tour map" and go from floor to floor enjoying the work of the different glass artists featured.

My only disappointment this visit was housekeeping. I returned to the hotel around 5:00pm one day to find that my room had not been serviced. This was surprising as the occupancy rate over Thanksgiving was low. However, I called the front desk and asked if it could be done after I went out for the evening. It was taken care of promptly and when I returned later in the evening, the room was spotless. A small blip on an otherwise flawless stay!

The hotel is also an easy walk to the wonderful Tacoma museums. Take time to walk around downtown Tacoma. It's improved a lot since I grew up there and there are some wonderful small businesses and antique stores one should explore.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We always want our guests to have a truly memorable experience from the moment they walk through our doors to the moment they leave, so it sounds like we're doing our job!

Thanks for giving our bartenders a shout out — we'll be sure to pass this message along. It will make their day!

I apologize that your room wasn't initially cleaned when it was supposed to be, but it sounds like we were able to take care of that fairly quickly.

Next time you're back in Tacoma, we'd love for you to stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Murano

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Little pricey, but great location in downtown Tacoma, staff was very helpful and friendly. Food was available all the time. Work area in room was sufficient and I was able to work comfortably. Staff helped print needed documents by just emailing them to the front desk and delivered them to the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I'm so glad you had an enjoyable stay, and I appreciate you giving our staff a shout out. They work very hard to make sure our guests are taken care of, so this feedback means more to us than you know!

Next time you're in Tacoma — for business or pleasure — we'd love to have you stay with us again.

Happy holidays,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my third stay for business travel at the Murano, a beautiful, modern hotel in a revitalized, clean and vibrant downtown Tacoma. Step out of your vehicle and you are greeted immediately by their friendly staff. The hotel is immaculate, easily accessible, and they have the most comfortable beds of any hotel I've visited in western Washington. Our 11th floor room had an amazing view of Mt. Rainier. The restaurant produces excellent meals at a great value, and the hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: The corner suites are lovely with walls of windows.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Third time's the charm! We're honored you think we have the most comfortable beds in western Washington.

We work hard to create a modern vibe while still wanting our guests to feel at home, so it sounds like we hit the mark!

I'm glad you got to experience the beautiful view of Mt. Rainier as well. We're lucky to have such a great location. If you need a getaway during the holidays, please keep us in mind!

All the best,

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for business and stayed at the Hotel Murano for the night. It is the perfect location, particularly for groups performing at the Broadway Center / Pantages, which is an easy four block walk down Broadway. The Hotel Murano is a gorgeous, unique boutique hotel with an incredibly accommodating staff. The room service hours and options are fantastic and the food arrived quickly. There is a lovely spa off of the lobby for anyone who has a little extra time to enjoy it!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Tacoma!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for this thoughtful feedback, Stacy! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

It's wonderful you got a chance to experience our fun amenities! Next time you need a getaway, our door is always open.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in town for a concert and needed a hotel for the night, This Hotel went way beyond our expectations. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The bonus is that there are featured glass artists on every floor. We walked the whole hotel and saw all different types of glass art. It was like going to a museum! The rooms are decorated in a modern style. We will stay here again and will recommend it to all of our friends and family. It is a rare gem of a hotel!

Room Tip: King size beds were very comfortable and all floors were quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We're honored to be a "rare gem" in Tacoma. It's wonderful you got a chance to explore our glass art collection — hope you enjoyed it!

I'm so glad you appreciated our style, but, still felt at home. We look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Exquisitely designed rooms, fabulous view, excellent lounge and restaurant. Hip but homey and comfortable. Nice staff! We have stayed here twice to visit our daughter and will return for graduation. The spa experience was great too!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

"Hip but homey"—we love that, Char! Thanks for spreading the word about us.

Looking forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This made for a nice business stay. The room while on the small side was nicely done. The bed was comfortable and the bath products were great. Check in and check out was quick and easy. No lines either time. Also, there is self parking adjacent to the hotel for $15 a day. Each floor has its own artist designed theme. The furnishings in the room were modern and minimal in design and everything worked. The bath has a vessel sink and a glass countertop and marble floor and shower. The water pressure was great for showers. The room appeared to be pretty clean overall, nothing stood out as glaringly ignored by housekeeping. However, I noticed that the metal stand on which the glass top of the vanity in the bathroom sat, along the front edge where you would stand in front, had a layer of lint and/or gunk built up, so it is something that housekeeping must miss frequenly in cleaning. A couple nit picking things, the ice bucket plastic liner was smaller than the ice bucket so it kept wanting to slide out and there was no refrigerator in the room. There was however a coffee pot and a selection of hot drinks. You could hear noise from other guests at times, either in baths or through walls or floors. Overall, really no big complaints with this hotel or the room itself. It made for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: There don't apppear to be a lot of rooms on each floor so any of them are a short walk from the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We're glad you had an enjoyable stay with us! Above all else, we want our guests to feel taken care of, so it sounds like we hit the mark.

Thanks for complimenting our furnishings — we work hard to create a modern vibe, while still wanting our guests to feel at home!

I'll definitely take note of your concerns regarding the areas of your room that still needed cleaning. Our guests should always feel clean and comfortable.

I appreciate your feedback and hope you'll stay with us again whenever you're back in Tacoma!