“Great for night out at the Dome”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I spent the night there in early Oct 13' for a concert at the Tacoma Dome. Great location, with the transit line 1/2 block outside the hotel, and a couple of bars open late around it in case of the munchies when you get back. The interiors were as advertised, very classy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Classy is always what we're going for!

Thanks for spreading the word about us. We're so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay.

Next time you're back in Tacoma, our door is always open!

Cheers,
Stan Kott, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,430)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Glass museum neighborhood hotel that is modern clean and has great views. Wonderful theming around glass artist with fine work spread throughout the hotel. Fav place to stay when we visit our Tacoma friends

Stayed: July 2013
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

We're honored to be your go-to hotel in Tacoma, Shaquila! I'm so glad you took advantage of our glass art—that's something we find to be particularly special to our guests.

Whenever you miss our view, come back and see us. We'll have a room ready for you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to attend a convention. The rooms were well appointed, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Beautiful lobby and grounds; every floor had a featured glass artist on display and our room had a stunning view of Mount Rainer and Tacoma. The only negative was that the elevators were very slow and sometimes offline, which made for long waits to get to our room. I did go to the spa the day we arrived; it was very nice and so was the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

From our gorgeous views to our attentive staff, we always want to knock it out of the park for our guests, Darlene, and it sounds like we're doing our job!

We're glad you had a fun time checking out our glass art collection — that's something we're very proud of.

When conventions are in town, we can get a fairly high amount of foot traffic, so I want to apologize if our elevators kept you waiting. This is great feedback.

Next time you're in town, we hope you'll greet us with your presence again!

Take care,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the Murano for an event that was at the Conference Center. The hotel is in a good location as you can walk to the conference center. The hotel has a modern European look. Rooms were clean and nice. We had a room on the 22nd floor with an excellent view. The hotel has many glass exhibits giving you an almost museum experience. We had lunch the the Bite -- the food was very good. My only and main complaint is the parking fee. I don't think hotels should add on a parking fee to park in their parking lot which isn't even a covered parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mary. A hotel, restaurant and museum all in one — who knew? We're so glad you got a kick out of our art collection and modern decor.

Thanks for giving BITE a try, we'll pass your compliments along to the chef! I appreciate your feedback regarding parking. This is definitely something I'll take note of.

Hope to see you back here soon. Another fun visit awaits you!

Cheers,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Murano for a conference that it was the official hotel for. I had a very nice room on the 20th floor with lovely views of Mt. Ranier. There was interesting art throughout the hotel and the staff were friendly. I enjoyed some nice wine in the lobby bar and a delicious dinner at the restaurant. But it all came with a pretty steep price tag. My room was near the elevator and courtesy phone and the walls were thin. I could here other guests use the phone and ice machine and even heard someone peeing next door. But all in all I enjoyed my stay and if I were richer I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about your visit. While it's wonderful you enjoyed our scenic view and extensive art collection, I'm sorry you experienced a few minor annoyances.

Did you let our front desk know that the noises from outside your room were disturbing you? We never want that to take away from your experience and would have been happy to accommodate you.

Just so you know, we have many different room options available at varying prices. Also, if you "Like" us on Facebook, you'll receive 15% off your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to show you an even better experience in the future.

Be well,

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

....it's the season premiere of American Horror Story and they don't have FX in the channel selection. That was hard to accept but moving on. Very cool room. Must have key card to get to room floors. Lots of art work and in a neat part of downtown Tacoma (who'd have thought). Here for a few nights for a conference (it's literally across the street from the convention center) so I am sure I will experience the restaurant and customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Sorry to keep you away from your beloved show — we won't give you any spoilers! I'll be sure to pass this feedback along about making FX a channel option. Despite the American Horror Story letdown, it sounds like you're having a great time with us!

Thanks for mentioning our extensive art collection — we display the works of 45 artists from 6 different continents, so it's always fun when our guests get a chance to explore each floor!

We hope you continue to have a wonderful stay and thanks for taking the time to review us.

Be well,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I dont generally give a terrible review as long as they have tried to accommodate but this place had issues from day 1.

I made a reservation to stay there for 4 months.. and the first day I wanted to come in earlier around 1 pm and was told that it wont be a problem. I come in at 2 pm and they say the room wont be ready till 3, then at 3 they tell me it wont be ready for another hour (even though check in time is 3 pm). I told them I have been travelling from 4 am and I would really like to check in. They didnt even offer a glass of water! I finally had to ask for the manager and I got a room in less than 10 minutes.

The room is small and the building looks really dumpy from outside. The hotel used to be a sheraton and even though the interior is updated the hotel itself is quite dated. There was a conference almost every day and the place was constantly packed and so was the parking lot which is shared with the main tacoma conference room.

The parking is in an open lot thats shared with the public and the spots are very tight. There are 3 lots that are not connected with each other on 3 levels and no hotel entry on any level except the first one. Knowing seattle, it was raining all the time and you have to walk in the rain to get to and from you car.

At the end of the week I had a package coming in and till the last day before flying out (I go home on the weeknds) they kept telling me there is no package for you. Because of the horrible experience I had with this place, I checked out (without complaints) and was assured that they will notify me when my package arrives.

Next week when I got back, I waited for 45 minutes at the counter to talk to the manager and still no one came to talk to me. My wife finally had to yell at them to get the GM on the phone. GM calls me and tells me that front desk manager is on vacation. Manager sends me an email the week after that they sent my package back and that she is sorry.

Check out the Silver Cloud, Tacoma about 3 miles down the road.. it has free parking and every room has a water view and the rates are waaay cheaper. Do yourself a favor and stay in a place where they appreciate your business and make it comfortable for you.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 24 and 25.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pranjals

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We know a long day of traveling can be very tiring, so we're sorry your room wasn't ready immediately, but we did our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible. In researching your concerns, I can see that our staff had been attempting to assign you a room on one of our higher floors and due to the popularity of these rooms, there was a delay while the rooms were being cleaned.

Did you have a particularly difficult time accessing our hotel from the parking lot? This hasn't been an issue at all for our guests in the past, but we're happy to hear any more feedback you have for us.

With regards to your package, once again, I'm sorry that our communications error at our front desk caused your package to be sent back to the shipper.Once we discovered our error, I know that we reached out to you to apologize and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Though mistakes happen, we’re not in the business of making them habits — you can count on a better experience next time.