Hotel Murano
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$85
ComfortInn
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$82
$73
$219
$179
Courtyard
  • Pool
3,452 results
All reviewsglass artbeautiful hotellobby barroom servicehotel restaurantconvention centerself parkingtacoma art museumbusiness tripbitefloorartworkelevatorartistsconferencevaletartsy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the Murano for an event that was at the Conference Center. The hotel is in a good location as you can walk to the conference center. The hotel has a modern European look. Rooms were clean and nice. We had a room on the 22nd floor with an excellent view. The hotel has many glass exhibits giving you an almost museum experience. We had lunch the the Bite -- the food was very good. My only and main complaint is the parking fee. I don't think hotels should add on a parking fee to park in their parking lot which isn't even a covered parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mary. A hotel, restaurant and museum all in one — who knew? We're so glad you got a kick out of our art collection and modern decor.

Thanks for giving BITE a try, we'll pass your compliments along to the chef! I appreciate your feedback regarding parking. This is definitely something I'll take note of.

Hope to see you back here soon. Another fun visit awaits you!

Cheers,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Murano for a conference that it was the official hotel for. I had a very nice room on the 20th floor with lovely views of Mt. Ranier. There was interesting art throughout the hotel and the staff were friendly. I enjoyed some nice wine in the lobby bar and a delicious dinner at the restaurant. But it all came with a pretty steep price tag. My room was near the elevator and courtesy phone and the walls were thin. I could here other guests use the phone and ice machine and even heard someone peeing next door. But all in all I enjoyed my stay and if I were richer I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about your visit. While it's wonderful you enjoyed our scenic view and extensive art collection, I'm sorry you experienced a few minor annoyances.

Did you let our front desk know that the noises from outside your room were disturbing you? We never want that to take away from your experience and would have been happy to accommodate you.

Just so you know, we have many different room options available at varying prices. Also, if you "Like" us on Facebook, you'll receive 15% off your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to show you an even better experience in the future.

Be well,

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

....it's the season premiere of American Horror Story and they don't have FX in the channel selection. That was hard to accept but moving on. Very cool room. Must have key card to get to room floors. Lots of art work and in a neat part of downtown Tacoma (who'd have thought). Here for a few nights for a conference (it's literally across the street from the convention center) so I am sure I will experience the restaurant and customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Sorry to keep you away from your beloved show — we won't give you any spoilers! I'll be sure to pass this feedback along about making FX a channel option. Despite the American Horror Story letdown, it sounds like you're having a great time with us!

Thanks for mentioning our extensive art collection — we display the works of 45 artists from 6 different continents, so it's always fun when our guests get a chance to explore each floor!

We hope you continue to have a wonderful stay and thanks for taking the time to review us.

Be well,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I dont generally give a terrible review as long as they have tried to accommodate but this place had issues from day 1.

I made a reservation to stay there for 4 months.. and the first day I wanted to come in earlier around 1 pm and was told that it wont be a problem. I come in at 2 pm and they say the room wont be ready till 3, then at 3 they tell me it wont be ready for another hour (even though check in time is 3 pm). I told them I have been travelling from 4 am and I would really like to check in. They didnt even offer a glass of water! I finally had to ask for the manager and I got a room in less than 10 minutes.

The room is small and the building looks really dumpy from outside. The hotel used to be a sheraton and even though the interior is updated the hotel itself is quite dated. There was a conference almost every day and the place was constantly packed and so was the parking lot which is shared with the main tacoma conference room.

The parking is in an open lot thats shared with the public and the spots are very tight. There are 3 lots that are not connected with each other on 3 levels and no hotel entry on any level except the first one. Knowing seattle, it was raining all the time and you have to walk in the rain to get to and from you car.

At the end of the week I had a package coming in and till the last day before flying out (I go home on the weeknds) they kept telling me there is no package for you. Because of the horrible experience I had with this place, I checked out (without complaints) and was assured that they will notify me when my package arrives.

Next week when I got back, I waited for 45 minutes at the counter to talk to the manager and still no one came to talk to me. My wife finally had to yell at them to get the GM on the phone. GM calls me and tells me that front desk manager is on vacation. Manager sends me an email the week after that they sent my package back and that she is sorry.

Check out the Silver Cloud, Tacoma about 3 miles down the road.. it has free parking and every room has a water view and the rates are waaay cheaper. Do yourself a favor and stay in a place where they appreciate your business and make it comfortable for you.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 24 and 25.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pranjals

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We know a long day of traveling can be very tiring, so we're sorry your room wasn't ready immediately, but we did our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible. In researching your concerns, I can see that our staff had been attempting to assign you a room on one of our higher floors and due to the popularity of these rooms, there was a delay while the rooms were being cleaned.

Did you have a particularly difficult time accessing our hotel from the parking lot? This hasn't been an issue at all for our guests in the past, but we're happy to hear any more feedback you have for us.

With regards to your package, once again, I'm sorry that our communications error at our front desk caused your package to be sent back to the shipper.Once we discovered our error, I know that we reached out to you to apologize and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Though mistakes happen, we’re not in the business of making them habits — you can count on a better experience next time.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed 1 night in Tacoma because of a workshop close south. Found the hotel in trip advisor, and picked it without having much expectations.

The hotel is great. W payed $130 a night for a Saturday night, and we were delighted with the design of the hotel, the thoughtful art details, including the fact that each floor was dedicated to a different artist, and enjoyed the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast.

The hotel had a computer outage when we arrived that delayed the check in, but still staff was attentive and helpful.

Everything I could expect from a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

This review means a great deal to us.

Thank you for sharing your experience and, more importantly, thank you for being so patient through our technical difficulties!

We're happy you got a chance to look around and enjoy our extensive art collection. Next time you need a getaway, whether business or pleasure, we'd love to have you back!

Take care,