“Outstanding in every way”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding in every way”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My friends and I stayed here recently for a conference. The location was perfect - convenient to the convention center, public transit, shops, restaurants and museums. Our room was very comfortable and the hotel itself was beautiful. The staff was first-rate. I've stayed in luxury chain hotels many times - Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons in Asia, UK, Europe and the US. Not one of those hotels had staff and service that exceeded Hotel Murano's. They're friendly, professional, helpful. I would come back in a flash for business, but I'd also bring my family and recommend it to friends and business travelers. Unlike other medium-rate chain hotels, the Hotel Murano prides itself in wonderful food. We ate several times at Bite restaurant (breakfast, dinner, drinks) and were really satisfied with the food and bev.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor facing the convention center/marina/Mount Rainier. We awoke one mo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
This review is first-rate! From our delicious food to our accommodating service, you captured the essence of our hotel perfectly. I really appreciate you pointing out that we're very versatile— from a quick business trip to an extended family vacation, we love hosting any and everyone! The fact that you think our staff and service is better than the top chain hotels is truly high praise. There are so many must-see attractions close by, so I'm glad you got to take advantage of our wonderful location. We hope to see you back here soon— whether it's for business or pleasure!

All the best,
Stan Kott, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Red Oak, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying weekly at the Hotel Murano for business for a month now. I have not been disappointed with my choice. The hotel is very nice. The rooms have been very clean and well appointed. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They always greet with a smile. The food is excellent. I have not found anything that I did not like. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Nettasue,
We cannot thank you enough for this glowing review! From our delicious food to our service with a smile, you captured the essence of our hotel perfectly. We're thrilled you have enjoyed your extended stay with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Enjoy the rest of your visit.

Much appreciated,
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beautifully decorated, welcoming, and restful hotel. Fittingly, the Society of American Mosaic Artists held its 2013 conference in Tacoma and Hotel Murano was the hotel of choice. Comfortable rooms, great service, upscale bar and restaurant (Bite), and easy to walk to the convention center and museums. My room had a king bed which was comfortable and a selection of pillows, a work table with a dresser, a large piece of furniture as a closet, and a lounge-like couch. The bath has a vessel sink on a glass vanity; hair dryer and upgraded bath amenities, Even though I was right in front of the elevators, the room was quiet. My only complaint was that the fit and finish was a bit tired;towels were a bit frayed, bed skirt was damaged and the furniture had numerous nicks 'n dings which were very noticeable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you mentioning that our hotel is both beautiful and comfortable at the same time— that's exactly what we want our guests to feel. We are so fortunate to be located in the heart of Tacoma, so thanks for pointing out that we're in walking distance of so many great attractions! I will absolutely take note of your concerns about our towels, bed skirt and furniture, as what you described is certainly not typical.Thanks again for your feedback— we hope you will stay with us next time you're back in Tacoma!

Warm regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 10, 2013

1 block from the Greater Tacoma Conference and Trade Center Hotel Murano sets in a perfect location. It is also near the Glass Museum as well as being on the Sounder Light Rail route. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, modernistic in clean, sleek lines, and very quiet. I was attending a conference at the Center and found it very easy to walk there each day. They charge $15 plus tax for parking as well as for internet and the honor bar. The restaurant B.I.T.E. was very good for lunch --- crab/corn bisque was outstanding. Because all other meals were provided at the conference, except for the 1st day lunch, I didn't have any opportunity to try other meals at the restaurant. There was no mini-refrigerator or microwave in the room. Also the clock was not accurate and there was no instructions on how to reset it. I had to have a staff member/housekeeping come in and reset it for me. I would have liked to have explored the small shops and restaurants in the area as they looked interesting. There is also a spa/salon on site. The decor paid homage to the Glass Museum as well as the Murano glass with samples from various glass makers on each floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jav9206
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so glad you were impressed with our great location and friendly staff. I appreciate you pointing out our 'modernistic' rooms— we work hard to create a modern vibe while still being comfortable and homey! Just a tip about our Wi-Fi, if you sign up and qualify for our rewards program, you can enjoy our internet for free.

I'm glad you got a chance to try BITE— it's definitely a step above your typical hotel dining experience!

We'll absolutely take note of your concerns about the extra amenities, however, all rooms do have mini refrigerators and Honor Bars and I am sorry that was not pointed out to you. Also, we do have a limited number of microwaves available upon request. With regards to your clock, I'm sorry it wasn't set correctly but glad our staff was able to get that fixed for you.

Once again, thanks for this great feedback. We hope you'll get a chance to come back and check out our spa and the rest of our art collection!

Warm regards,
california
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

After a long day spent mostly in the rain, I checked into the Hotel Murano. Little did I know, I had found the sunny side of the street! I was greeted at the door by an extra warm and friendly valet followed by equally gracious and efficient front desk staff. Heading up to my room, I could not help but smile at the colorful glass displays --in the lobby, on each floor and public areas. They are are stunning. The room was comfortable, cheerful, and cozy. Not very large but not too small either--a comfortable size. The best surprise was yet to come, "Bite" restaurant. I generally shy away from hotel restaurants but after my first simple breakfast there I was sold. Delicious, friendly, creative and gluten free toast too! I returned for lunch the next day with my son and he was equally happy. And I felt it was value priced especially with the 10% voucher I received while checking in. I'll definitely return if I find myself in Tacoma again!

• Stayed April 2013
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you. We are so glad we could be your bright spot in the middle of a storm and we appreciate this thoughtful review. It's wonderful you were so in awe of our extensive art collection and glad you found your room to be cheerful and cozy! Great call on trying out BITE— I'm thrilled we could accommodate you with our gluten-free options. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area!

Be well,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Be sure to ride the elevator to see all of the glass art by outstanding contemporary glass artists.
The rooms are comfortable and the food is excellent.
It is a short walk to the Tacoma Art Museum and the Museum of Glass. The location can't be beat for art lovers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
John,
Thanks for your feedback. Great tip about riding the elevator to see all of our contemporary artwork! We do our best to create a 'modern' vibe, while still making our guests feel at home, so it's wonderful you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed our food. I'm glad you took advantage of our great downtown location, too. We look forward to hosting you again, next time you're in the area!

Cheers,
vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my second stay at the Hotel Murano and it was consistently smooth and a wonderful experience. Staff work hard to anticipate what you may need to know, the rooms are spacious and well set up, and the art-the art needs to be seen. Enjoy a drink with Temptations the Horse in the bar, and walk to everywhere in Tacoma from here.

Wonderful experience and cannnot wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay, and I am glad you had the opportunity to check out our artwork. Our hotel displays the work of 45 artists from 6 continents, so we love it when our guests take the time to truly look around! It's wonderful you were impressed with our attentive staff and spacious rooms. We're always working hard to go above and beyond for our guests, so we appreciate this feedback. We hope to see you soon!

All the best,