“Excellent Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my second stay at Hotel Murano and I continue to be impressed, this hotel is beautiful and comfortable at the same time. The hotel itself is an art piece with incredible glass sculptures throughout and glass incorporated into many of the design features of the building and rooms. The rooms are exceptionally clean, comfortable and uniquely decorated. The linens are plush, soaps top quality and the view is great. The staff is the best I have seen anywhere, all were curtious, patient and extreamly helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Marcia,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're so glad that we impressed you the second time around, as well. I appreciate you mentioning that our hotel is both beautiful and comfortable at the same time— that's exactly what we want our guests to feel. And thank you for mentioning our courteous and helpful service. We take great pride in all of our staff members, so it's wonderful to get this positive feedback. We hope you won't hesitate to stay with us again next time you're in the area!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Murano

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a very beautiful hotel , if you have time go to every floor and see the glass work on display it is worth the 20 -30 minutes it might take you . The rooms are very nice and clean e east side and north side might have a little better view . I was not happy that they charged for Internet but later found out if you sign up for their member program or something like that it is free . Great access to plenty of parking and the convention center . Very nice bar in lobby and nice breakfast upstairs .

Room Tip: North or east facing rooms seem to have a nicer view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Anthony,
Thank you for taking the time to write us this glowing review. From our unique decor to our comfortable rooms, we work hard to give our guests the best experience possible— and it's wonderful you took advantage of our extensive art collection! I appreciate you mentioning our rewards program, as well— that's something we've really been trying to spread the word about to our guests. We hope you will stay with us again next time you're in the area!

All the best,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A lovely hotel in downtown Tacoma - the bar is small, but enjoyable - the drinks, good, and the service quite excellent. The rooms were comfortable and tastefully appointed. We loved the artwork spread throughout each floor of the hotel - I would highly recommend staying on the concierge floor - the little extra you will pay is well worth the views and the extra amenities.

Room Tip: Take a room on the 25th floor - the view across Tacoma at night is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you so much for this glowing review. From our fun drinks to your comfortable room, I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay. Thanks for mentioning our artwork— we love it when our guests get a chance to check out our extensive collection! Great tip about the concierge floor— that view really can't be beat! Thanks again for taking the time to give us this feedback. Next time you make it to Tacoma, we'd love for you to stay with us again!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I recently stayed here as part of a conference and was impressed at the professionalism of the staff and clean, modern decor and rooms. The meeting room space was efficient and quiet if a bit tough to navigate at first. The hotel art, as many others mentioned is fabulous and provides an interesting way to spend some time. Rooms were well appointed and clean. The waterfront and several attractions are located within a five to ten minute walk. Meals were tasty. If there is a way to perhaps donate unused food as opposed to pitching it as we saw being done, that would be great and seeming to keep with the spirit of the area.

What keeps this from being a five star review is difficulty in splitting business and personal expenses at the hotel and inaccurate information provided about airport transportation. Upon arrival, I needed to pay for our group's parking on my personal expense and was informed we qualified for an event discount on my personal expense. When I asked about paying cash for budget reasons, they immediately said if using cash to pay for it at the ticketing machine. The discount was not valid there and it seemed like the staff did not want the hassle of dealing with cash payment inside. Second, the evening prior to departure a couple folks in my group inquired about airport transportation and were given times and were told there was availability with no need to put a name down. The morning of departure, we found unexpectedly the times were incorrect and there was no availability, which resulted in a scramble to make alternate arrangements and a higher cost through a cab. Bottom line - plan to make your own arrangements. Otherwise, this is an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and I am glad you had the opportunity to check out our artwork. Our hotel displays the work of 45 artists from 6 continents, so we love it when our guests take the time to truly look around!

It's wonderful that you enjoyed your meals as well and I appreciate your suggestion about donating the unused food— that is a good idea, and we do so upon occasion when the timing is right, and when we can remain fully in compliance with health codes.

With regards to your comment about business vs. personal expenses, I'm so sorry if we caused you any frustration. We absolutely encourage our guests to use our pre-arranged event discounts when available— if anything, we want to make your life easier and not the other way around and I am sorry that our staff did not respond appropriately to your concerns.

I also apologize that your and your colleagues were misinformed about the airport transportation times. That was completely our fault, and I can promise you I will discuss both of these concerns at our next staff meeting to clarify these options and schedules to hopefully prevent other guests from being inconvienenced in the future.

All and all, I'm so glad you had a great stay with us. I hope you won't hesitate to stay with us again— thanks again for your feedback!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hotel Murano is named after the famous island of glassblowers near Venice. The hotel is loaded with wonderful glass art including a life size Karen La Monte dress, a 104 foot layered glass sculpture, and floors 4 to 25 each named after a well known glass artist and displaying their works of art and photographs of them in action. I'm a glass artist and I picked up some useful pointers just by working my way through the displays and photographs. Our room was quite comfortable with very modern decor and a clean, functional bathroom with lots of glass shelving. We had a nice view looking over town toward Mt. Rainier. We enjoyed the well equipped fitness center. Staff were friendly and quite helpful. Like a previous reviewer I was annoyed at a $10 per night Internet charge; there was no clear indication that Internet would be free if you joined the hotel's affinity club. The hotel has a self-parking lot that costs $15 per night. The lot is close enough to the entrance so we didn't feel the need for the optional valet service. The Convention Center, many good restaurants, Museum of Glass, and Chihuly glass bridge are within easy walking distance. We'll definitely go back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a thoughtful, detailed review. It sounds like you sure know your glass art! We're glad we could impress a professional artist such as yourself. We love it when our guests take the time to check out our extensive collection and all the fun amenities our hotel has to offer. It's wonderful you thought your room was comfortable, as well! And thank you for mentioning our convenient location— we are fortunate to be within walking distance of so many cultural and entertaining aspects of Tacoma.

I apologize that you were frustrated with our Internet charge. To obtain free Wi-Fi, a guest just has to qualify for our STASH Reward Program. Were you offered this option at the front desk? I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication! I do understand your concerns and will definitely keep them in mind.

All and all, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time you need a getaway, we'd be honored to have you!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here twice over a two week period. This is a very nice hotel. I checked in late both times, and was met by very friendly doormen and staff at the front desk. The rooms and amenities were top notch. Each room had a minor problem (light not working in one, shower head wouldn't adjust in the other), and if I were staying more than a night I would have said something, and do not doubt those would have been fixed. I had 2 breakfasts and a lunch in the hotel restaurant, and the food and service was wonderful for all meals. I would absolutely not hesitate to stay at the Hotel Murano again the next time I am in Tacoma.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

What a thoughtful review! We like to think of ourselves as a unique escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world, so it is wonderful you were so impressed with our amenities. We are very proud of our staff, and I truly appreciate your kind remarks about the doormen and front desk attendants.

I apologize for the minor issues with your room. You are absolutely right— had you let one of us know, we would have been more than happy to fix them for you! Please reach out to us next time. We'd never want you to be uncomfortable or inconvenienced. Thank you again for this amazing review. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Much appreciated,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were greeted by a couple of valets on arrival and each and every time we arrived or departed. We never had to open the doors for ourselves. The lobby is stunning and filled with amazing art. Every staff member we encountered was professional and very friendly. The rooms are very well appointed including some fabulous glowing lamps and marble in the bathroom. Everything was modern and in good repair. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. And it was quiet- hardly ever heard the other guests. Check in and out was effortless. We went to Bite, the onsite restaurant, where the food and sevice was fantastic and very reasonably priced. Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Stan K, Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you, we can't say enough good things about this review! We're thrilled we could win you over with our one-of-a-kind decor. We like to think of ourselves as a unique escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world, so it is wonderful you were so impressed with our authentic style.

Our management team and owners are very proud of each and every member of our staff and the service and caring attitudes that they project, and I truly appreciate your kind remarks.

While we work hard to create a 'modern' vibe, we still want you to feel at home! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at BITE, too. Next time you need a getaway and are craving a 'bite' to eat, we hope you'll stay with us!