“Non smoking rooms??”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Tacoma, Washington
“Non smoking rooms??”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I checked in, qent to my room and it smelled like freshly smoked cigarette. Switched rooms and it still smelled like cigarette. The bathtub had like 4 cigarette burns. Had to leave bathroom door closed because the smell o cigarette came thru the vents....dont know why?

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Rafy666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

After a less than warm welcome, we checked into our room. Wi-fi, microwave, refrigerator, and yes even the darn hair dryer are added expenses. The room was run down with a sagging mattress but worse than these was the overwhelming smell of cat urine. We marched back to the front desk and we rudely given a refund. We found much better accommodations up the street at the extended stay.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank hollister74

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I started staying at this location due to long commutes to work. The rooms all smell funky but, if you bring some febreeze its passable for a cheap cheap night. This is more like I have no possible other option, kind of motel. The Night staff is very friendly but, their management is incompetent. They remind me of slimey car sales men. I get charged something different every time and have been double charged multiple times. When I had to interact with the management in order to have the additional charges reversed they said "I'm sure glad you're here I'm learning so much from you". I really don't feel like explaining how to correct things so simple to their management any longer so I really will not step foot back into their establishment. I also was threatened that Police would come knock on my door in the middle of the night if they felt. I am an upstanding citizen and didn't appreciate the threats. Overall it was just ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Deja D
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stay at Motel 6 often since my company has a corporate account with them. Some are barely passable, some are improving recently and some are actually very good. I've recently come to understand that Motel 6 participates in programs that enable low income or the homeless to be able to stay for for extended periods. I would like to think I am a compassionate person, but my experiences have taught me to be on guard, especially at Motel 6's in or around larger cities. There is usually late night (and daytime) drama that decreases one's feeling of peacefulness and security. I am constantly asked for money and cigarettes by other patrons. I suspect that it can be a challenge at times for the staff to maintain a good customer service attitude. This particular Motel 6 does it very well. I have stood by patiently at the front desk while patrons demand more of every free item the Motel offers: coffee, towels, toilet paper, etc. Not just to take care of their immediate needs but to stock up for the week. Some of them walk away looking like they just finished shopping at Costco. My only personal complaint is that I had to continually ask the front desk to remind the service staff to quit opening my front curtain after servicing my room. I am away working all day and don't like my personal belongings on display for every passer-by. The big pros for this property is: 1. The staff is very friendly. 2. The manager / owner is usually around and is truly concerned with his guests happiness and comfort. 3. The location for working around Tacoma and Seattle is great (it's right next to I-5; plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance). The place is clean and the pool and hot tub is well maintained during the season. Just be aware if you pull around back with a trailer or large vehicle, you'll have to back out in the morning because they block all exits except for the one in front of the office.

Room Tip: As stated in my review, you might want to choose a room with regards to what you are driving. Large...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel while we look for an apartment near Ft. Lewis. The motel is decent and the room is clean. I wasn't too happy about the bathroom door not having a lock or there being so few electrical outlets though. There's also a very foul odor coming from the mini refrigerator. It's plugged up, but it's not cold at all. I did like that it was near all my favorite restaurants, Applebees, Olive Garden, Red Lobster and IHOP.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sable T
tacoma
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably-priced one-night lodging when visiting our daughter at UPS. What we got at this motel was a horribly dirty room that left a bad odor in our nostrils long after we had left. I have done a lot of camping and traveling in the US, Europe and Africa & can honestly say that it's one of the worst experiences I have had anywhere. I was afraid that we would contract some disease from the filthy carpet and bedspreads that look as if they have not been washed since 1977. We told our 8 yr. old not to walk on the floor in his bare feet and not to touch the disgusting bedspreads. There was some substance that appeared to be smooched, dried dog poo on the floor under one of the beds. In the morning we were horrified to see the dark, scary stain on the side of the mattress we had just slept on. We can only assume that either someone had experienced internal hemorrhaging, or perhaps given birth on the spot.
We left as quick as we could in the morning. It must have been like what Jonah felt: thankful to have survived, incredulous that it had happened at all, and no looking back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kay w
Milwaukee
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was surprised by reading the reviews so I checked out the hotel Room was very clean including the basic needs that I expected The front desk was very friendly and the housekeeping was excellent The location was adequate and close to the fitness center and some restaurants

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends