“OK for a quick overnite stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Tacoma South

Motel 6 Tacoma South
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
San Diego, California
“OK for a quick overnite stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnite stay. The location is a little bit of a challenge to find. The room was very basic. Hot shower and clean sheets. It did the job. There is only a few diners in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Everyday I stayed here the cops were here at least once a day. Customer service constantly closed pool due to noise in the middle of the day. Permanent residents here are loud and will look at you like you are a leper not to mention hit you up for money. The rails outside upoer rooms I guess are cloths hangers. Bring your own blanket and anything soft because the beds are like cardboard and the pillows are flat. I had what appears to be bullet holes in my room along with what I can only assume are holes where someone punched the wall. Tiny tv that turns off randomly, no fridge, no microwave or hair dryer. Cigarette burns everywhere, no smoking room mind you. Reeked of stale smoke and cats. Take anything valuable with you everytime you leave. I had cleaning people come into my room more than once a day(which I find odd). Sure, it's close to I-5 and cheap but honestly I would have paid the 10$ extra and went somewhere else. I cancelled the last 3 days staying here and changed hotels.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank aceofstars

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Graeagle, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have been very loyal to Motel 6 nationally, because of their pet policy. However, we will never stay at this Motel 6 again! We were a bit puzzled to end up on one side of the motel and notice no other cars around. The room itself was fine, only a few carpet stains, and the promised internet was not working. In the middle of the night, we were awakened to several cars drag racing in the motel parking lot. The cars repeatedly squealed brakes, the kids in the cars shouted to each other, and the sounds and behaviors of the kids were absolutely frightening. We telephoned the front desk and the night manager "promised" to do something (he actually did nothing). The next morning, the front desk clerk admitted that it had been happening for some time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank SimnCaite
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

room was basic and had what you needed, I however noticed that it stunk like weed for ONE thing and it looked like it hadnt been cleaned properly, like there was still a hair on the tub... so whatever. They only had the roll of tp no extra and the fire alarm battery needed to be changed which was super annoying. A whole group of people booked about six rooms, and they were complain happy, tried to take a group picture shot in one room before taking off and got a phone call during the pic saying to get our stuff out and no refund. Rude, but we just talked to the officer and the front desk and told them we would leave and not make any noise. the PLUS side, was it is a good location, was not filled with any shady looking people it had a pool AND hot tub and the location is good, not really familiar with tacoma but there was an ihop next door and wasnt too hard to get around.

Room Tip: the room on the main floor right next to the laundry/ice room is what the front desk can see the mos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank milulo
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I came there expecting it to be really bad and I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean and we had absolutely no problems. We had to reset the clock when we came in, but that was about it. I brought my own blanket, so we slept on top of the blankets on the bed. The staff was friendly. Just make sure you don't leave anything behind, I thought we might have, called and asked, and they made it clear that they didn't really care and was not sure what I expected them to do about it.
Was overall a good experience.

Room Tip: I would bring my own blanket again. And perhaps my own towel if I could. They were just really small...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank manieret
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

A motel 6 classic. Reasonably clean and maintained, family friendly and reliable. Recently I booked a non Motel 6 in the same town and deeply regretted it. Motel 6 has the basics.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank deanham
Fort Lewis, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Called to see if my son left his Nintendo DS there they said yes they had it come in and get it. Went in on a Saturday drove 20 minutes and they could not find it. Gave my name and number to have them call me no one called I had to call them three times! Claim was turned over to Coprorate office to Claudette Bryant she sent me a letter did not call and see why I was pursing this and I have called her twice still no response! Totally unacceptable!!! Rooms are not that clean and we were woken in the early morning hours to fights and cars driving like hell threw the parking lot. If you dont speak spanish it is hard to communicate with their staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SWIPER77
m60735, General Manager at Motel 6 Tacoma South, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Motel 6 on Trip Advisor. Only through such constructive comments can we improve our product and services. We are sorry to hear that you had problems retrieving your property however please be assured that our risk management department is handling your claim.