Clearwater Casino Resort
Poulsbo Inn(Poulsbo)
$97
$87
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo(Poulsbo)(Great Value!)
$89
Orbitz.com
Quality Inn and Suites(Bainbridge Island)
$135
$322
  • Pool
$125
$68
All reviewsnew towerpuget soundnative american artbainbridge islanda water view roombottle of champagnebeach glassfire pitferry ridebeautiful wateroriginal hotelnon smokinggreat getawayprime ribhot tubpacific northwestslot machines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We drove out to the penninsula to visit Hurricane Ridge for a weekend get-away and decided to stay at the Clearwater Casino Hotel for lack of nice accomodations close by (we had already done the Port Townsend thing and wanted something different). From the moment we arrived I knew we had made the right choice. The gal on the desk was friendly, helpful and had us on our way to our room in no time at all. We found our non-smoking room, well decorated, very large, clean and smoke free (not always the case in some hotels). Our bed was heaven and my husband loved the flat screen TV and the selection of channels available. We ate dinner at the Casino in the Steakhouse and to our suprise it was extremely good, and well priced.

The next morning I got up to an invigorating wonderful shower and headed down for the massage I had booked. The spa is well decorated, well maintained and very relaxing. The tiny young gal who gave my my massage was very nice (not the best I have had...but that's just the luck of the draw not knowing who to ask for).

Great location, great people, great view, great room...couldn't ask for much more than that! We will definitly go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowenevett
Reviewed July 21, 2008

The Suquamish lived up to their reputation for welcoming guests with abundance. I absolutely loved our stay from the wonderful accomdations, thirsty towels, views, pools, grounds - it was all great. From now on, I will most likely stay here instead of Downtown Seattle for my overnight trips. Definitley worth the stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank OlympicPeninsula2
Reviewed December 3, 2007

The trip started on a downward note and kept on going. I would only recommend this place if you like being taken advantage of.
My parents received a coupon for a free night stay, they weren't going to use it so they gave it to me and my boyfriend (we are grown adults btw). We went but ended up not being able to use the coupon because it was non transferable. The receptionist was a little rude but we figured she probably dealt with this same issue a lot anyway so we decided to pay for the room and stay anyway.
The room is very nice. There's a lot of storage, a flat scree tv, a sitting area, large 2 person tiled shower and the most wonderful bed you have ever slept on. That's where is ends though.
To get to the casino you must walk in the weather for a little bit to the parking garage, into the garage and take the elevator to the casino. It was chilly but doable. Though the weather in the PNW is known for not cooperating, I would have liked to have seen a covered walkway or something other than following a brick path through the parking lot.
The buffet breakfast in the morning was adequate to say the best. Eggs were dry and crunchy, the food all tasted old and not very appetizing. I was very glad that the breakfast was included and not an additional charge.
We checked out in the morning feeling rested and like overall we had a pretty good time. We even decided to book two more rooms for a birthday party in January. Fast forward to three weeks later. My friend finds that the resort has billed his card for an extra $200 on the day of our check out. Of course he put in a call to see what the erroneous charge was for. The receptionist says that they found cigarette burns on the carpet of our non smoking room and had to shampoo the carpet. We emphasize that we did *NOT* smoke in the room and this should not be charged to us. There is nothing they can do. So my friend asks whom he can talk to about this charge. He was transferred to the Director of the resort whom he left multiple messages for.
Three days later (today) Sam calls and tells my friend that not only were there stains on the carpet but they found cigarette butts in the soap dish. The conversation continues that we did *NOT* smoke in the room! Now Sam claims that the room was full of cigarette butts. My friend says that he thinks perhaps they have gotten the wrong room because we did not do this. He was told, "In the year and a half we have been open we haven't gotten a wrong room yet!" He also said that he would not credit the charge and my friend should dispute the charges, and oh the by the way we have evidence. Evidence? What evidence, we didn't do it! My friend said that he spends a lot of money in the casino and Sam replied that, "well you're not a member of our players club" and said there was nothing he could do.
So the moral of the story is that they are trying to rip us off for something we did NOT do, who knows how many people they will try to do this to. It could be *you*. If I am going to pay $140 for a room that I was in for all of about 6 hours I feel that I should be treated with respect, whether I am a member of an elite club or not. Steer clear and find a better place, in a better location with people that actually care about those they are taking money from.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
18  Thank hl_harper
Reviewed August 23, 2007

new resort, beautiful views, friendly staff! loved it!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank purtzerpiani
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This is the 3rd or 4th time my husband and I have stayed here. We live about an hour away. It's the perfect close getaway. We love the comfy robes and the bedding is fabulous. Everything is top notch.
The best place I have ever stayed. This time our room didn't have a DVD player. We were told that they were taking them out of the rooms.
I can understand that they want people in the casino gambling, not watching movies in their rooms. But, it was really disappointing to me. I am not a big gambler but my husband is. I loved staying here because I can stay in and watch movies and he can be down playing. I don't have to sit or stand around and wait for him. So, I hope that they bring the DVD players back or at least give them out on request. They also had quite an assortment of new movies to choose from. Other than that our stay was great. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple