“Wonderful in Every Way”

Clearwater Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suquamish
Reviewed July 21, 2008

The Suquamish lived up to their reputation for welcoming guests with abundance. I absolutely loved our stay from the wonderful accomdations, thirsty towels, views, pools, grounds - it was all great. From now on, I will most likely stay here instead of Downtown Seattle for my overnight trips. Definitley worth the stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank OlympicPeninsula2

Reviewed December 3, 2007

The trip started on a downward note and kept on going. I would only recommend this place if you like being taken advantage of.
My parents received a coupon for a free night stay, they weren't going to use it so they gave it to me and my boyfriend (we are grown adults btw). We went but ended up not being able to use the coupon because it was non transferable. The receptionist was a little rude but we figured she probably dealt with this same issue a lot anyway so we decided to pay for the room and stay anyway.
The room is very nice. There's a lot of storage, a flat scree tv, a sitting area, large 2 person tiled shower and the most wonderful bed you have ever slept on. That's where is ends though.
To get to the casino you must walk in the weather for a little bit to the parking garage, into the garage and take the elevator to the casino. It was chilly but doable. Though the weather in the PNW is known for not cooperating, I would have liked to have seen a covered walkway or something other than following a brick path through the parking lot.
The buffet breakfast in the morning was adequate to say the best. Eggs were dry and crunchy, the food all tasted old and not very appetizing. I was very glad that the breakfast was included and not an additional charge.
We checked out in the morning feeling rested and like overall we had a pretty good time. We even decided to book two more rooms for a birthday party in January. Fast forward to three weeks later. My friend finds that the resort has billed his card for an extra $200 on the day of our check out. Of course he put in a call to see what the erroneous charge was for. The receptionist says that they found cigarette burns on the carpet of our non smoking room and had to shampoo the carpet. We emphasize that we did *NOT* smoke in the room and this should not be charged to us. There is nothing they can do. So my friend asks whom he can talk to about this charge. He was transferred to the Director of the resort whom he left multiple messages for.
Three days later (today) Sam calls and tells my friend that not only were there stains on the carpet but they found cigarette butts in the soap dish. The conversation continues that we did *NOT* smoke in the room! Now Sam claims that the room was full of cigarette butts. My friend says that he thinks perhaps they have gotten the wrong room because we did not do this. He was told, "In the year and a half we have been open we haven't gotten a wrong room yet!" He also said that he would not credit the charge and my friend should dispute the charges, and oh the by the way we have evidence. Evidence? What evidence, we didn't do it! My friend said that he spends a lot of money in the casino and Sam replied that, "well you're not a member of our players club" and said there was nothing he could do.
So the moral of the story is that they are trying to rip us off for something we did NOT do, who knows how many people they will try to do this to. It could be *you*. If I am going to pay $140 for a room that I was in for all of about 6 hours I feel that I should be treated with respect, whether I am a member of an elite club or not. Steer clear and find a better place, in a better location with people that actually care about those they are taking money from.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
18  Thank hl_harper
Reviewed August 23, 2007

new resort, beautiful views, friendly staff! loved it!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank purtzerpiani
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This is the 3rd or 4th time my husband and I have stayed here. We live about an hour away. It's the perfect close getaway. We love the comfy robes and the bedding is fabulous. Everything is top notch.
The best place I have ever stayed. This time our room didn't have a DVD player. We were told that they were taking them out of the rooms.
I can understand that they want people in the casino gambling, not watching movies in their rooms. But, it was really disappointing to me. I am not a big gambler but my husband is. I loved staying here because I can stay in and watch movies and he can be down playing. I don't have to sit or stand around and wait for him. So, I hope that they bring the DVD players back or at least give them out on request. They also had quite an assortment of new movies to choose from. Other than that our stay was great. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abby130
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We had a wonderful overnight stay at the resort. We took the ferry from the Seattle waterfront and drove across Bainbridge Island. What an awesome little hotel! The water view was great and the beach below gave our kids (7 and 11) a chance to peek at hundreds of tiny crabs under the rocks. Check out the website to see the great pool layout. It's small but the sloping shallow end with decorative rocks was so clever. The rooms and furniture are all new and on par with a room costing twice the price (we stayed in a Value Room). I highly recommend a massage at the spa too. The casino was too smoky to eat in so we drove 10 minutes up the road to Poulsbo and ate at one of their numerous restaurants by the water. Our kids are already asking when we're going back!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank localyocal01
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I love this hotel. A very simple layout, a BEAUTIFUL waterfront view, SImple and luxurious design. I have stayed many times and never been disappointed with the service or the rooms. You must stay in a suite HUGE soaking tub with a view of the water and an lcd tv to watch at the same time! The spa is also very nicely designed and run.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ontheroad57
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We stayed at the Clearwater Casino and Hotel this May and loved it. The accomodations were first class although it was only $170 for weekends and $140 for weekdays. We slept 4 in our room and had pleanty of space. The view from our little deck was peaceful and beautiful, and the staff was very courteous. It was a wonderful Puget Sound experience, away from busy downtown Seattle. We took the ferry to Suquamish and drove back on very good roads to Gig Harbor and Tacoma. It was worth the drive.

The Casino was a short walk away and everything felt very safe and relaxed. The lobby opens to tall windows that overlook the water and there are many comfortable rustic chairs to sit on inside and out. We ate our very ample continental breakfast on a long pine table that overlooked the Sound. We were told the eagles sometimes swoop over the grassy lawn. Loved the tiled walk in shower and French press coffee maker in the room.

1  Thank jomats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suquamish
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!