“Used to be nice”

Clearwater Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suquamish
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am a regular at Clearwater, and I can honestly say that things have gone downhill quite a bit over the last year or so.
First thing, the good:
The rooms are nice, the view is spectacular, and the hotel staff are very helpful and kind. The breakfast they serve was good, nothing fancy though. The pool was clean, and the water was perfect temp.
The food in the buffet was very good, the crab on Friday was super fresh, and customer service in the buffet is excellent. But hands down the Pho in deli is where my heart is!
The staff in the casino are so helpful, no waiting for a slot attendant, or a floor worker to come help. The casino itself is clean, and not overly smokey, so thats very nice.
Ok, now the not so good:
First and foremost, I can not WIN anything here...what is going on? I used to be able to occasionally, but since we moved back from Vegas, I have not won much more than $100 over my initial investment. Clearwater used to be the best paying slots in this state, but now, they are so tight, your better off to play keno or poker. They do still post their jackpots, which is great, but it seems every time I show up, all the pots paid the night before? ummmm...something's not right here.
People are allowed to slam and slap the machines, and the workers ignore it. There is nothing worse than when your trying to relax and have fun and someone plops down next to you and starts pounding on their machine! Your floor workers need to make the person stop or make them leave!
The comps have gotten so bad, its not worth driving all the way out there for what little you get. I spend on average $500 a month, and am lucky to get $10 or a free buffet. I used to always get at least $20 and discount room, but not anymore. The discounts on their player rewards is not the best, but it is better than other casino's in the area.
Lastly, the drawings, waste of time! Clearwater needs to consider doing their drawings electronically like they used to. If your playing, your entered. No more having a million slips of paper in a barrel. Don't you think people cheat, make copies of these entries, and fill them up? Come on now, lets make it fair for everyone to win!
I will always play at Clearwater, hands down the best in the state, but you could do so much better!! Loosen up your slots a bit, word will get out, and you will be packed every night!

Room Tip: during the week, get the water view, on the end, top floor. Very quiet,
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bingoqueeny
There are newer reviews for Clearwater Casino Resort

Reviewed January 6, 2013

While the valet sign is out all the time and they advertised 24 hour casino over Christmas, that is only for people able to hike across 2 parking lots, up a ramp across the garage and up an elevator then down another to get to the casino before the valet arrives at 11 am. The only food was in the lobby: spicy sausage patties, scrambled eggs, good-for-you bread and hard shiny bagels, cerial, and juice jugs so big and heavy I could not budge them.

The rooms all have shower only, unless you rent a suite, the beds are high but comfortable and the nearby spa is great. However, if you dont like bagels or morning tv there is nothing to do unitl the casino valet opens if you are not agile enough to run the obstacle course to the casino.

Room Tip: the least expensive rooms (facing the parking lot and garage) are all smoking rooms, but they did no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kittravel
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We needed a quiet retreat for a few nights. The Clearwater Hotel fit the bill. The hotel is located on the casino property, but you wouldn't know it. It is secluded and the hotel is beautifully landscaped. The interior is tastefully designed in a NorthWest Modern motif. There is plenty of native artwork displayed. We chose a room overlooking Agate Pass. Everything about the room and our stay was serene, relaxed, and rejuvenating. One of our favorite parts of our stay was visiting with the sweet tribal elder who greeted us at the entrance each time we entered.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I decided to treat myself and book a suite with a jetted tub. Once in my suite I went right to the tub to begin filling it so that I could enjoy my treat; a great way to start the night.
To my surprise the water barely flowed out of the jets, the water was discolored (yellow), full of bits of dirt and worst of all, NOT hot. NOT even warm. I tried the faucets over the sink. They had plenty of hot water. I grabbed my things and went downstairs to request a different room. That problem was not going to be fixed during my stay for sure.
I reported the problem, asked to be moved. I was told no similar rooms available. How about an upgrade or different type as long as I could use the jetted tub? No, no upgrades although I offered to pay the increase in rate. After a moment I was told I could be placed in a water view room but if the jetted tub in that room did not work there was nothing else that could be done. Made me think the problem has occurred before. Oh and the yellow water was from the hotel using well.
The tub in the second room did not work either. I used the small ice bucket to pour hot water into the tub from the sink faucet, enough to make the water cover the jets and not be freezing.
They might as well pour dirt into it and make it a planter....if they are not going to maintain one of the main features of the room, why bother keeping it and worst of all, advertising it? By the way, regular rooms have ONLY a shower so it is a real "extra feature"!
Very disappointed and definitely not worth the extra cost. If I return I will not book anything other than their least expensive room. And I will promptly stop recommending this hotel to others.

I hoe this spares others the frustration I felt during this stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Solo67_4
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this resort ! The rooms were clean and nice and the bed was comfy! The pool and hot tub were a nice addition and the lobby is big and inviting, they also had a small bar where you could get a drink and head outside to various sitting areas and fire pit . It s right on the water and there is beach access. It's located right next to the casino which has everything you need and want along with very friendly dealers. After a night of a few to many drinks, you can walk next door and get a good nights sleep and wake up to a wonderful free breakfast -- it actually surprised me!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a room in August for a conference at this resort in mid October. When I checked in they didn't have the room I requested and I was given a handicapped room. The shower head was so loose that it only sprayed the wall behind it. I called the desk several times and asked for a different room, but they wouldn't move me because they didn't have another room like what I was in. I tried, unsuccessfully, to convince the desk clerk that I didn't need a handicapped room and any room with a working shower would do. NO LUCK! I finally got a maintenace man to kind of tighten the showerhead so that I could take ashower. Next obstacle, the tv. I couldn't get any channels and again no help from the front desk and they eventually sent a bellman up to fix it. After he fixed it, he looked at me like I should tip him. I didn't and got the "pig eye" stare from him every time I saw him for the rest of the stay. The next day I ran up to my room in hte middle of the afternoon to get something and found my door propped open. No one was in the room and there was no maid cart in the hallway. Everything of mine seemed to be there, so I closed the door and left. If you want to try to talk to a manager, good luck. I asked a couple of times and they were always busy. If this conference is held at this resort again next year, I'll skip it.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Dave O
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Beautiful hotel! Also pleasantly surprised at how nice the meeting space was. It was very comfortable, well lit with an entire wall of windows and beautifully appointed. (Nothing worse than spending an entire day cooped up in a banquet/meeting space without windows!) Additionally, the buffet-style lunch was enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the water if possible. The scenery is absolutely spectacular! Also br...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suquamish
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Island Country Inn
Island Country Inn
#3 of 5 in Bainbridge Island

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!