“Worst of the worst payouts!”

The Clearwater Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Clearwater Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Suquamish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2012

After reading some of the reviews concerning this casino I must agree that they are so right on. Have been keeping track of slot payouts for several years now and have watched them decline with consistency. Many that I talk to have long since abandoned going there for the same reason. One person was so correct in stating that if you happen to get a bonus the payout is extremely minimal, and without bonus' you will not walk out ahead or even. Local alternatives are the Little Creek in Shelton and the Point in Hansville, both give you a fighting chance. The only reason I could honestly give this a poor instead of a terrible rating is that it is nice and clean and the employees are great.

4  Thank Freekittens

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Because they simply Rip you off! They are blatant about it. It's ridiculous!

7  Thank angela w
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This place is the worst of the worst! People have said that when they first opened they were conscientious about being in good standing with the G.C.B (Gaming Control Board) and the slots were okay but that now that several years have passed the slots have gone south. The owners have learned how to manipulate the slots EPROM chips to change the payout. Thus it's become a nightmare because the Owners (PORT MADISON ENTERPRISES) are so excessively greedy that it's essentially a guarantee that they will take all of your money without any up side. They're adjusting the pay-out percentages in a way that provides them with a profit margin that's higher then imaginable. It's not uncommon for the smaller amateur casinos to take this approach. It's the mind set of an un-skilled, fast take business approach that is real trashy. I've worked as a Hard Count Attendant and a slot technician for years in various casino's and have to say that the PORT MADISON ENTERPRISES gang are a bunch of SELF-SERVING greedy AMATEURS that take advantage of their own community, give casinos a bad name and make the Wall-street/Enron guys look like saints. It's unlikely however that the National Indian Gaming Commission will be doing anything about it, nor will the GCB, so if you want to occupy club clear-water stay as clear away from there as possible otherwise they will stick you for everything you got. It's a real backwoods kind of thinking but they don't seem to know any other way unfortunately.

6  Thank finalpokerword
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Last night my husband and I were craving a good steak, and the best place for a great steak in our area used to be the Cedar Steak House at the Clearwater Casino. The boneless rib steak used to be thick and large and always done perfectly as requested. However, it appears the 14 oz rib steak has shrunken! Last night it was only about 1/2 inch thick (instead of the usual 1 inch) and I would also venture to say it was more like 10 to 12 ounces instead of the advertised 14. Very disappointing! I used to have to take half of my dinner home, but last night I ate almost the entire plate. At $34.00 for the steak and salad, which was delicious as always, I have to say I was not satisfied with the quantity of food. The service was excellent as always and the side vegetables were good, but the steak was much too small for the price. Either lower the price or go back to the big, thick steaks!

4  Thank jeth25
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've played at numerous casinos throughout the country -- MGM Grand in Detroit... Mole Lake in Wisconsin. ,The Golden Lake Casino in Kansas. Grand Victoria Casino in Chicago, Harrahs Chester Casino & Racetrack in Philly, The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi. The Island View Casino Resort in Gulfport, The Black Hawk Casinos in Colorado, Calder Casino & Race Course in Florida and on and on -- I'm just naming 1 per state but believe me there is more -- Been to all the big ones around the U.S and plenty of the boutique places as well. Name a state - I've been to at least one casino there. Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, Connecticut... Not to mention Europe and Eastern Europe. Went to Le Royal Meridien National in Russia and the Divonne Les Bains, in France -- But OUT OF THEM ALL - only 1 managed to boggle my mind and give me a literal migraine (For which I don't get) ...It was this Club Clearwater Casino in Washington State. Believe me... I know the odds. I know the risks and I have taken them with all my travels, but those words don't even apply at that Club Clearwater Suqaumish place. Unbelievable. Absolutely mind boggling. I am sorry but the best way to describe it was the same feeling as being MUGGED or robbed. In fact I have to say that I was indeed mugged years ago and the experience was traumatic but it didn't sit with me as hard as my experience at this Clearwater. I don't know how they do it . They perhaps are not regulated... But even then I must point out that Ive been to some shady joints -- even one poker house in Turkey that I know had some mob ties but even those places never assaulted the customers like this place did. It was as if they never wanted you to return. BINGO! They scored... I mean how or why would someone? You can walk from slot to slot and slide in one hundred dollar bills and hit those buttons in any varying pattern or bet and you will never once see more then 10% above your bet come back -- The bonus rounds generally don't kick in until you're blurry eyed, but even when they do you wonder WHY? Why do they bother kicking in because they pay... NOTHING... Seriously... Bonus rounds that equate to zero... Bonus rounds that took you hours to have the chance to play that return NOTHING. I mean you expect for a symbol of the middle finger to pop up at you -- But even that would be too respectful there -- This was true for me AND my friends and we are talking 5 solid days of this. It was funny on day two. On day four we were all out of our minds. Day 5 we were stoned faced. Not about the loss (although it hurt) about how absolutely UN-FUN it was. Relentless. Brutal. Crazy.

12  Thank Roger U