“A disappointment!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Suquamish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited this highly touted cafe that was supposedly started by two high brow chefs. The chefs were no where in sight, and it appeared that the restaurant had been turned over to much less experienced individuals. The menu was very limited. I had to opt for the $15.00 hamburger with $1.50 extra for a couple slices of canned jalapenos. The burger was tasty primarily because I had to wait for it for over one hour. My dinner companions were also less than impressed. This all goes to show that running a food business requires more than getting by on reputation alone.
The tab for three people, two of whom only had onion soup and appetizers was $100.00. Not worth it.!

1  Thank Russell B

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We recently moved to Bainbridge Island (where there are some very nice restaurant choices) and were surprised when some new friends suggested that we meet for dinner at this off-island place. But once we sat down and saw the menu, we knew why. Now we're thrilled to be in on the secret. Creative combinations (hard to choose!), many local and seasonal ingredients, great flavors, solid presentations, good wine, attentive service. And the dining room was not too loud to talk with new (or old) friends! Very enjoyable experience. Well worth it.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a number of times and have always been happy with the quality of the food. The interior is small and quaint and intimate during an evening dinner. Last Sunday I took a friend to breakfast and we ordered the crab omelet. I was shocked to see how little crab was in the omelet given the price of the breakfast. The waitress didn't seem to care when I questioned the quality of the omelet and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure if I will return but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Out on the Kitsap visiting friends for Indianola Days and went to Agate Pass Restaurant. Heard it was a 'little pricey' but went anyway. I guess the folks here are used to 'bar food', thus consider a top notch little restaurant with fabulous service and great food pricey. 4 people, one cocktail, 6 glasses of wine, appetizers and dinner, with tip and the godawful 10% Washington Sales Tax it came to under $200.

Service was excellent, food excellent. NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE ALLOWED -- now that's worth a lot!!!!!! :). Have your meal and no one texting, talking on the cell or playing games. Who would have thunk it.?

If there is a downside, it's the decor. Needs a little sprucing up with some art.

Their bathroom was spotless!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I dine here often if not regularly, because we are treated very well, served food you can't easily find on the West Side of Puget Sound and because before this review is published it was the best well kept local secret. Evenings you’ll find lot’s of couples enjoying creative fare in a small, quaint, cozy but comfortable environment.

The Agate Pass Café is the antithesis of a chain restaurant…a concept that Tom Douglas turned into a formula for a chain and made a fortune. But that was long ago and it is long gone…a chain is chain is a chain; except you can still find where the road bends in Suquamish at the Agate Pass Cafe.