New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Rodeway Inn Sunnyside

Rodeway Inn Sunnyside
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunnyside
Jacksonville, Florida
“Family-run Motel Is Good Value at Low Cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

As indicated by other reviewers, breakfast inclued with budget room probably inadequate for most; however, rooms are larger than avrage for low-cost motel and include small microwave, mini fridge and small table with two comfortable chairs--at least in the single queen bed room. Mattress was made by Serta and appeared relatively new. It was comfortable, but now luxurious. Staff were friendly to us even though most multi-task. The motel is old but kept up to date. Also, it is large. I strongly suspect it is the best choice in this area among budget properties. Regarding breakfast, we were traveling by car and purchased our preferred cereal, a box of blueberries and liters of almond milk. Also, we bought spoons at nearby Goodwill, as only sporks are offered by motel. We liked motel coffee and OJ and used their disposable bowls, cups and napkins. With this adjustment we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast. Cleanliness was adequate not excellent (I looked under bed for lost jewelry, Regardless, we will stay here again on future visits. Reserved parking in front of room door.

Room Tip: We requested room as far back from road as possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 2Starbirders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Puyallup, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here on a wine weekend with 8 of my family (all women). We found the staff friendly and accommodating, the rooms good (and COOL in the 95+ degree weather), and the pool very nice to relax in and around in this weather. We ate at the onside restaurant, El Valle Family Mexican Restaurant, and they rocked! The service and the food was great. Loved having a fridge and microwave in our rooms for those leftovers, too. Also, the shower had a good spray to it, so we were very happy with our stay.
FYI - we also ate at the Golden Wok, about 2 blocks from the inn and I highly recommend it. The food was some of the best chinese I've had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Rianthe
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Country Inn was a great place to stay, it had everything we needed. The heated pool was great for the kids, the rooms were nice and the prices were fine. They also had a great golf course and a casino not far away. The El Valle and Snipes restaurant was a treat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank henery d
Sunnyside
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Sorry I don't mean that in a good way. We usually stay here for a couple of days a few times a year when visiting family. This time I booked the two day reservation separately. I put a note on the space for messages for the hotel to alert them both were for us. also told them when we checked in.
When we returned to the motel on the first evening, our key cards didn't work because they didn't put the two days together. After going to the office to get new keys, we discovered our room had not been cleaned. they said it was because we had the do not disturb sign up. (we took it down when we left before 10 am) My husband went to get more towels and they were a little stingy on how many we should have! And what I don't get is if they changed our key cards, shouldn't the room have been cleaned then? therefore discovering that we did not check out yet??? By reserving through this service online, I did save money and this was the least expensive of my choices.
Because of that , I will most likely stay there again but will be more adamant and specific about the instructions.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Paris C
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I were on vacation from the U.K and stopped in Sunnyside Country Inn. It was a very comfortable stay with great prices, great rooms, a fantastic heated pool, and very friendly staff.

3 Thank tim h
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Room was very basic. I was told I had to pay more than what was listed on the website because I was getting an upgraded room w/ a new bed etc, if the room I got was upgraded I'd hate to see what it was upgraded from. I guess it could have been a WHOLE lot worse, but my room looked nothing like the pics on the website. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. For $50/night this is what I would expect, not 75-80. Breakfast is VERY basic & breakfast area aka front dest/check in was really small. Didn't use the pool but it looked OK although pretty small.

Room Tip: If they claim they are charging you more $ than on the website because the room has been upgraded w...
1 Thank Stomp13
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

love there suite nice tub and dvd player in room . affordable price

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank bill t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyside
Quality Inn
GuestHouse Inn Yakima
GuestHouse Inn Yakima
#13 of 24 in Yakima
3.5 of 5 stars 156 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn Sunnyside? Share your experiences!