“Dixie's is GREAT !”

Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Sumner
Los Angeles, California
“Dixie's is GREAT !”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great home cookin' and service ! Big portions !! Had a family outing and Dixie's treated all 15 of us like kings/queens. The owners are on site and very customer service oriented. We will visit Dixie's again and again.

• Visited June 2013

Norco, California
“Just ok.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I stopped by for an early dinner because she wanted to show me old town Sumner and do some antique shopping. We sat down and since there were only 2 other tables, thought this would be a snap. Unfortunately, the owner's wife was the waitress, cook, and cashier so we had a long wait. The kitchen is seperated from the dining area by only a partition, so the room was hot and stuffy. My sis had to go outside for some air while I stayed at the table so it wouldn't look like we left. The food was good, but not worth the uncomfortable wait.

• Visited May 2013
“Awesome Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

A very "home-towney" restaurant with very healthy portions. Absolutely "to die for" pork sandwich. Love the food and atmosphere and very clean. Certainly will be back.

1 Thank Gary S
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Would not reccomend to ANYONE!! Not even my exhusband!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just a warning based on my own personal experience with the waitstaff and Mr. David Jacobs (owner)... While this place is supposedly family friendly, I do NOT recommend anyone with small children with special needs visit. I was in there this Sat. with my 18 month old special needs daughter. She started crying because she was hungry. A very bitter waitress kept shooting me dirty looks and told me to take my daughter "out for a walk". As I was sitting there trying to console my daughter, I observed Mr. Jacobs and the rest of the waitstaff standing near the kitchen giving me "the stare down" with looks of disgust on their faces. The "bitter waitress" then came directly to my table AND STARTED YELLING AT ME!!! So, we got up to leave. AT THIS TIME... Mr. Jacobs threatened to call the cops! When my daughters father paid 5 dollars for the soft drink and coffee we had received, Mr. Jacobs then THREW THE CHANGE on the floor! :o BAD customer service and LONG wait times!

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank wickiet
“Right there with the buttered biscuit for best diner in the area”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Been here many times. The place is loud especially when crowded. Service can also be a bit slow especially when busy (Sunday after church). With that said food is always very tasty. Portions are HUGE I often take a box home and eat for breakfast the next 2-3 days. The owner is usually there most days. You really cannot go wrong here. The few negative reviews I read must have been very unusual instances as I've eaten here at least 10 times with no food issues

Been to Dixie's Home Cookin'? Share your experiences!