“Awesome Restaurant”

Dixie's Home Cookin'
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Sumner
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

A very "home-towney" restaurant with very healthy portions. Absolutely "to die for" pork sandwich. Love the food and atmosphere and very clean. Certainly will be back.

1  Thank Gary S

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just a warning based on my own personal experience with the waitstaff and Mr. David Jacobs (owner)... While this place is supposedly family friendly, I do NOT recommend anyone with small children with special needs visit. I was in there this Sat. with my 18 month old special needs daughter. She started crying because she was hungry. A very bitter waitress kept shooting me dirty looks and told me to take my daughter "out for a walk". As I was sitting there trying to console my daughter, I observed Mr. Jacobs and the rest of the waitstaff standing near the kitchen giving me "the stare down" with looks of disgust on their faces. The "bitter waitress" then came directly to my table AND STARTED YELLING AT ME!!! So, we got up to leave. AT THIS TIME... Mr. Jacobs threatened to call the cops! When my daughters father paid 5 dollars for the soft drink and coffee we had received, Mr. Jacobs then THREW THE CHANGE on the floor! :o BAD customer service and LONG wait times!

8  Thank wickiet
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Been here many times. The place is loud especially when crowded. Service can also be a bit slow especially when busy (Sunday after church). With that said food is always very tasty. Portions are HUGE I often take a box home and eat for breakfast the next 2-3 days. The owner is usually there most days. You really cannot go wrong here. The few negative reviews I read must have been very unusual instances as I've eaten here at least 10 times with no food issues

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Yes the price is a little high but take into account that one order is easily enough for two adults, or one lumberjack. I personally feel it's one of the best diners in the area for flavorful comfort food. If you are looking for fancy Décor and beautifully dressed meals then this is not the place for you.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Looks like a place that has its "regulars", the staff is friendly, and the food is good. Nothing spetacular or extrordinary, just good.