“O.K. food, with no service, loud ungratful female owner .bad mouthed patrons with in earshot of diners”
Review of El Charro

El Charro
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Sumner
Cuisines: Mexican
Sumner, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seated promptly with menu's, 10min.wait for water, chips and bad (spoiled) salsa. 15min wait to take order then asked if we wished a drink other than water. Could only hear the itchy rants of the female owner. The disturbing part was her complaining about "The stupid people who kept coming in around closing Saturday night" when she had plans. After the husband delivered the food , no one came by to check if we wanted or needed anything , my wife had to find to-go boxes. Then waited on the check finally stood at the desk 5min to be rung up. At that time she sent potential customers away they were closing early. We have patronized El Charros 28yrs from SeaTback to Sumner when the younger brother is in charge it's a great experience. But we won't take another chance.

• Visited June 2013

Norco, California
“Good Food, Terrible service.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I didn't have high expectations since I am from So Cali where Mexican food is a staple, but my sister was hungry for it during my trip to Washington to visit her so tried this place. The chips that were provided were not authentic, and not refilled when the basket was emptied even after asking. The place was not busy since it was mid-day, so I thought the service would have been better. Our food was good (we ordered from the combination plate selections), but I could not get a refill on my soda and since water had not been put on the table, my mouth was burning from the salsa with no drink!!! I had to get up from the table with my empty glass and give it to the waiter, who promptly set it down and forgot about it. I will not be back.

• Visited May 2013
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
“The Best”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We received a gift certificate and decided to give El Charro a try after years of driving by. It is now our favorite local Mexican Restaurant. The Ultimate Margarita is a must have as well as a few dishes you won't find at other restaurants. My personal favorite is the Pollo Poblano and #2 is Chicken Street Tacos. You'll find a new favorite too!

• Visited May 2013
Puyallup
“Disappointment”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking forward to a good Mexican dinner. One basket of chips was brought out and was not refilled when emptied before our meal was served. For $7.25, I ordered a picadillo tostada which was almost all (very pricey) shredded iceberg lettuce. A very small flat tortilla was in the center of the plate with about 1/4 cup of shredded beef which I had to dig through lettuce to find, about 1/3 of a chopped up roma tomato, a smidgeon of beans under the lettuce on the edge of the plate, and a sprinkling of cheese around the edges. Usually at other restaurants, the tortilla under the ingredients is as large as the plate and the ingredients are not as sparse. I felt like I paid a lot for a shredded lettuce salad. I did not choose to buy the sour cream and gaucamole for an extra $2.00. My husband ordered two enchiladas and coffee. The coffee was never refilled after the first cup was brought. Water glasses were not refilled until we were ready to leave. The food itself tasted okay. We ate here a long time ago and did not remember the lack of service. It is questionable whether or not we will return.

• Visited January 2013
washington
“Order the Street Taco's and Orchata”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Like this place because it offers a couple authentic items that are not generally served in typical americanized restaurants. Orchata is a rice milk drink that my kids love, no chocolate but it's the mexican answer to chocolate milk. Sweet and delishous. The street tacos, pastor taco's are fantastic, little pieces of pineapple with the meat, really great. I don't bother with anything else although I have tried other things. Oh...their salsa is also very good.

Visited April 2012

Been to El Charro? Share your experiences!