“Good Food, Terrible service.”
Review of El Charro

El Charro
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Sumner
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I didn't have high expectations since I am from So Cali where Mexican food is a staple, but my sister was hungry for it during my trip to Washington to visit her so tried this place. The chips that were provided were not authentic, and not refilled when the basket was emptied even after asking. The place was not busy since it was mid-day, so I thought the service would have been better. Our food was good (we ordered from the combination plate selections), but I could not get a refill on my soda and since water had not been put on the table, my mouth was burning from the salsa with no drink!!! I had to get up from the table with my empty glass and give it to the waiter, who promptly set it down and forgot about it. I will not be back.

There are newer reviews for El Charro

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We received a gift certificate and decided to give El Charro a try after years of driving by. It is now our favorite local Mexican Restaurant. The Ultimate Margarita is a must have as well as a few dishes you won't find at other restaurants. My personal favorite is the Pollo Poblano and #2 is Chicken Street Tacos. You'll find a new favorite too!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking forward to a good Mexican dinner. One basket of chips was brought out and was not refilled when emptied before our meal was served. For $7.25, I ordered a picadillo tostada which was almost all (very pricey) shredded iceberg lettuce. A very small flat tortilla was in the center of the plate with about 1/4 cup of shredded beef which I had to dig through lettuce to find, about 1/3 of a chopped up roma tomato, a smidgeon of beans under the lettuce on the edge of the plate, and a sprinkling of cheese around the edges. Usually at other restaurants, the tortilla under the ingredients is as large as the plate and the ingredients are not as sparse. I felt like I paid a lot for a shredded lettuce salad. I did not choose to buy the sour cream and gaucamole for an extra $2.00. My husband ordered two enchiladas and coffee. The coffee was never refilled after the first cup was brought. Water glasses were not refilled until we were ready to leave. The food itself tasted okay. We ate here a long time ago and did not remember the lack of service. It is questionable whether or not we will return.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Like this place because it offers a couple authentic items that are not generally served in typical americanized restaurants. Orchata is a rice milk drink that my kids love, no chocolate but it's the mexican answer to chocolate milk. Sweet and delishous. The street tacos, pastor taco's are fantastic, little pieces of pineapple with the meat, really great. I don't bother with anything else although I have tried other things. Oh...their salsa is also very good.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

i have been going here for years big portions and very very good

Been to El Charro? Share your experiences!