“Food like grandma makes”

The Buttered Biscuit
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Sumner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The service was just fine for being such a busy day and the food was yummy! Very kid friendly. We enjoy going there for family occasions.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to TBB for a couple of years. I have to say about a year ago it was a great place service was spot on. I never had to ask for anything. I've been there a couple of times in the last month and I've had to ask my server for everything silverware, refills if coffee.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Well, the wife and I just returned from this restaurant for the second time. First time, I had their "famous" S.O.S. and had to ask for a steak knife to cut the biscuits. The service was horrible. We had to ask for silverware after our food was served, the so-called endless sodas, was also an issue where we had to track down our waitress to get a refill. I could go on and on, but I won't as this was last time and they did comp our meal asking them to give them another chance.
Today was the day! We went in and granted, they were a bit busy, we had a 10-15 minute wait to be seated. No big deal, to be expected at noon on a Sunday. We were able to chat with some people in line in front and in back of us. That was nice. So our name is called and were are escorted upstairs to table. First thing out of the waiters mouth was that they were out of Coke syrup and asked if we would like something else to drink. I asked for water and lemon and the wife asked for ice tea. I already knew what I wanted, but the wife was undecided, so he left to get our drinks. Well about 10-15 minutes later someone else brought us our drinks. Then when the waiter finally showed up, he said that they had been slammed and apologized, I told him that it was no problem. Like I said before, they were obviously busy. So anyway, we placed our order. The wife had the "bacon bacon waffle" and I had the "waffle stomper" We also noticed some of the people that we were in line behind us come in and sit down. Well, after seeing some of these people leave after receiving and eating their meals, I tried to find our waiter. Well he was not aware that we had not gotten our meals and went to check. Well at that time about 45 minutes had passed and still no food. I should have left at that time. I won't go into the lack of professionalism with the staff or the lack of knowledge of their jobs. They were kids and obviously had no training. I can excuse that. The thing was that we waited over an hour for some really terrible food, Small portions and overpriced. I would highly recommend the Berryland Cafe or Dixie's Home Cookin' over them any day. Sadly, I did not choose one of them. Berryland Cafe is closed on Sundays! So when I went to pay, which I did not want to do. They asked how everything was and I told them that it was awful. Bad service, long wait and bad food. All they could say was that they were busy. Having spent many years working in retail, there is no way I could have made a customer pay after waiting over an hour for their food, especially when our waiter talked to the owner. I do not know how anyone could rate this in the "TOP 20" of restaurants in Sumner. I have ate at most every place in town and I would rate them at the bottom of the heap! I would rather have McDonalds over them and I hate their breakfast. Well I hope that I can save some people from wasting their time and money by going to "The Buttered Biscuit". If you you like bad service, bad food and high prices, feel free to go there. As for myself and my wife, we will never ever waste our time at their establishment. Thanks for reading and good luck!

1  Thank dirtdude41
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Came in for weekday lunch. No wait, sat right down. Different menu from last visit, a lot smaller. Waitress took order in reasonable time, but food took almost 30 minutes to come out. Had to ask for straws and extra napkins, napkins never showed. Food was average at best. Probably won't go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were visiting family in the local area - this was suggested as a great kid friendly location. Terrific choice! Comfortable, casual - massive portions ... this place is a terrific place to take your family! A corner of the room consists of a partially walled off area with toys and other activities to entertain the little ones while the food is freshly prepared.

The cornbread is a main course and dessert all in one!!! Once you taste it, you will forgo any other part of your meal in favor of just devouring it! I ordered a salad with a side of cornbread --- in other words, a bit of healthy with a side of dense, moist heavenly cornmeal accented by a yummy icing!

Everyone ordered something different -- all of looking like it just walked out of your favorite aunt's comfy kitchen! There were 4 adults with healthy appetites and 5 children - total was $76! I call that a major deal!

Been to The Buttered Biscuit? Share your experiences!