“Service is Terrible what happened to this place. Looks like same employees but the service has gone down hill.”

The Buttered Biscuit
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Sumner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to the buttered biscuit yesterday. The service has really gone down hill. I haven't been in a few months but it seems a lot has changed and the service was terrible. The food is still good. But the place was dirty and I don't know if I'd go back. If the service is like this.

Seattle
“Huge portions, great home style food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Although a small out of the way place with bench seating, over by the railroad tracks, this place is a must visit. If they don't have it on the menu, they will do their best to accomodate you. The food is unlike any place you have been - it is like your gourmet country grandma is in the back kitchen cooking up gigantic plates of food for you. They have really good inexpensive specials most days, too. Don't let the funky appearance fool you - this food is good!

Visited July 2012
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Good Food - Little Noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My mother and I visited The Buttered Biscuit around 10:30 on a Saturday morning. The parking lot was full and I was afraid we would have a wait. Fortunately, upon entering there was no line - we were greeted within two minutes and asked if we would mind sitting upstairs. With no protest by us we were led upstairs and seated immediately. There was a large party centered in the room which produced a noisy climate but did not hamper our experience, too much. We ordered the bacon-bacon waffle to split. The meal came with gramma eggs (scrambled eggs with ham & cheese), waffle and bacon strips. The waitress was kind enough to seperate the meal and bring it on two plates. The food arrived hot and was tasty. The bacon was crispy and had good flavor. The only part of the meal I was not happy with was the water (which is free - so really can't complain). The water, served in mason jars, had a very odd taste - not sure if it was chemical or what. I thought it might be because of the mason jar but a straw did not help. Our check for the breakfast plus a coffee came to around $14.00. For two people I would say it was a fair value. Would I recommend The Buttered Biscuit - yes, as long as you are not looking for a quite relaxed dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Puyallup, Washington
“unique sumner home cookin' spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am about once a month at this Sumner establishment and reccomend it for anyone in town as a spot worth checking out. Food always good and from scratch. Portions are huge with a doggie bag in everyones's hand heading out. Breakfast is the most talked about meal of the day, but they do a fine job with all 3. They cook it all day as well. $5 specials are a steal at night.

• Visited December 2012
Sumner, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“D I R T Y”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This restaurant is beyond DIRTY. From the garbage can outside the building to the disgusting bathrooms.I found rat feces on the ledge in the bathroom.that was the end of my experience. When you first walk in you are greeted by the staff and put on a list. No big deal except the person doing the list is a little scatter brained and a little rude. We waited about 15 minutes and was led to our table. from there someone brought us water with stuff floating around in it. next we opened our silverware it was dirty so we needed new silverware. After that I started to look around the restaurant and noticed the carpet looked like it hadn't been vaccumed in a week. I wanted to run for the door but my family was starving. the food was good the cornbread everyone raves about was ok but would of been better if it was warm. As we went up to pay we met the owner. That explained everything she was dirty food and stains all over her shirt, her hair was stringy and hanging everywhere she seemed very nice but if she is what represents this restaurant. WOW Dont go here.

• Visited October 2012