“Worth the stop”

Branks BBQ & Catering
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Sumner
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Brank's BBQ opened in November 1995, in our original location in downtown Sumner by Charles & Lori Brank. Febuary 2005 we moved to our present location in the industrial park in Sumner. Still family owned and operated!Dine in, Take out & Catering
Redmond, Washington
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stopped in with a co-worker of mine when we just happened to be in Sumner for some business. It certainly doesn't seem like the most ideal place, but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about because it got relatively full for lunch on a Thursday.
We were both glad we stopped in and ate here though, as we both very much enjoyed our meals. I had the brisket plate, and my coworker had the riblets. I thought the brisket was quite good, and the potato salad was delicious. I'm pretty picky about my potato salad, as my grandma's has spoiled me for many other versions.
My coworker is a very critical guy when it comes to food, and he was very pleased with the ribs. He let me try a couple, and I thought they were pretty darn tasty myself. He had some coleslaw and mentioned that he usually doesn't really like coleslaw, but liked theirs. We both had fries for our second side, and they were decent.
The atmosphere was nice and relaxing, with a country-esq ambiance and décor, and the service was friendly. I think the value was quite good. I don't have tons of other experiences with BBQ in the area (used to live in MN, and that was/is different) but when I have gone out for it, it has been $15 or so for a plate/lunch. At $9 a pop, I thought this was a good value. A little out of the way - though I don't spend much time down there, so maybe not? - but worth it.

• Visited April 2013

Lake Tapps
“Relocated but still very good.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Branks moved North along 167 but is still the same great food. We use them to cater events all the time and have never been let down. Ribs and chicken are the best. Their beans are a meal in themselves.

• Visited November 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Dry Meat”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As earlier posts have mentioned, the sides are very good. We particularly like the potato salad. But you don't go to a BBQ place for the sides. The meats were dry and not terribly flavorful. The sauce tasted like it was missing a few ingredients. Service was friendly but slow.

• Visited February 2013
Puyallup, Washington
“Great sides so so BBQ”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The BBQ is only average, but the sides are great. Friendly staff that provides good service. Near my work and there are not many close options, so I hit it more than I would if there was more choice. BBQ tastes are not the same for all, so no huge downside to checking it out.

Visited August 2012
Auburn, Washington
“Best BBQ Around”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a nice hidden gem, tucked away in an industrial area off the highway.

I have yet to have dinner here, but have enjoyed lunch at this place a number of times. My company has also hired them a number of times for catering (though, please, never judge a place's food based on catering alone).

The food is always terrific. The owner will occasionally do a nice lunch special with various meats and different woods. His experiments become your discounted lunch - but don't take that as you getting some wonky food. It's always delicious! The guy knows what he's doing.

Most importanly, the service is great. The staff is attentive, friendly and makes sure you're pleased with your food.

If you want an easy-access place with a loud bar, dry meat and watered down service: Go to the Longhorn in Auburn. If you want a relaxing environment with friendly folks and the best BBQ around: Drive a few extra miles and experience Branks!

• Visited October 2012