“great option in small town”
Review of Big River Grill

Big River Grill
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Stevenson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“great option in small town”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I came here several times during four days hiking in Skamania County. I was very enamored of the Northwest Salad, with amazing smoked salmon (in general, it's very hard to go wrong with this fish up here). They had one of the best blue cheese dressings I've had (not too thick), although I preferred the garlic vinaigrette with this salad. The smoked sturgeon appetizer (another local fish) was also first rate. They make their own root beer, and if you like hard cider, the Angry Orchard is great. Service was friendly if a bit too casual/lackadaisical for my taste (found this everywhere in the area though). IN ADDITION: their cadillac margarita is much better than the one at the Mexican restaurant across the street (fresh lime juice, not yucky sweet and sour), and $2.50 cents cheaper!

Los Angeles, California
“Great Find in a Quaint Town”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were from out of town up from California visiting relatives when we consulted Trip Advisor for a place to eat lunch in Stevenson. Big River Grill it was. The staff welcomed us, the décor was cute and the selections on the menu impressive. I ordered the turkey sandwich and my sister-in-law ordered the salmon sandwich and we switched halves. Both sandwiches were absolutely delicious! The salmon was a pretty substantial piece and cooked to perfection. My father-in-law really enjoyed his burger and my husband had a chicken sandwich special which he also enjoyed. Big River Grill was a great find and we look forward to returning when in the area.

Camas
“Great restaurant for Stevenson”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband suggested we go here as he loves their Reuben! I thought the corned beef was a bit stringy! It was hot though! I love my food hot! I had the Grilled veggie sandwich! It was supposed to be served on house made focaccia and was served on a hamburger bun. Yuck! And maybe that's why my sandwich wouldn't hold together and I had to eat it with a fork! There wasn't any sauce either !
Service was a bit lacking - slow!

1 Thank Knitsterchick
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Had every seat taken for a reason- worth a stop.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

It's a joy when the wait staff stands out as much as the food, the Big River Grill puts both over the top. The ingredients were fresh, the portions large, and the flavor delicious. When I asked our 13 year old son if he was in heaven over the meatloaf that he was devouring he replied, 'somewhere above there'. My husband and I both had the salmon- the waitress was kind enough to serve me the salmon sandwich which is usually just a lunch item- both preparations were terrific. The refills on the lemonade were appreciated by the kids, and the desserts were as huge as dinner, spilling over with ice cream and whip cream. They have an extensive and interesting license plate collection and relics from years past. Everyone from the bartender to the waitresses went out of their way to be welcoming and make what was simply a roadside stop in a stunning neck of the woods into a great memory. Don't miss out on trying the pies!

Visited July 2014
Topeka
“Salmon not as good as the rest”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had dinner here, it came highly recommended. The place had very friendly staff, good atmosphere and my friend's dinner was very good. However my salmon was dry, and overcooked.
Probably should have sent it back. Otherwise liked everything else, would probably give them another try.