“Don't Miss This Place!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Don't Miss This Place!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Dang! What a find! This kind of find is what I love about travelling!

No kidding, if this restaurant was in my home town, you would wait an hour to get in nearly every day of the week!

Fortunately for me and my girlfriend, we got seated right away on a Saturday night!

Outstanding service! That goes for the entire staff.....couldn't ask for more.

I loved the vibe here. Almost like a high end bistro, but with enough local flavor to give it real charm. They've done a great job with that.

The food....OMG! I found seven or eight things I wanted to try off the menu. My girlfriend hit it big with the smoked salmon fettuccine. It was outstanding. I had a curry peanut chicken dish that was out of this world.

Dessert! How about pumpkin pie cheese cake! Delectable!

What a place! Definitely going back the next time I'm in this neck of the woods.

Awesome dining experience.

• Visited November 2013

Ontario, California
“Excellent Homemade dishes”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service... warm & friendly inside after a brisk hike at the falls. Almost everything in the menu is homemade. The pulled pork sandwich & side salad is excellent! Boyfriend loved the clam chowder & Sockeye Salmon sandwich. If we ever come back to Stevens, Washington we will definitely eat here again

Seattle
“A Real Surprise”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I heard of the Big River Grill from friends shortly before my business trip to tiny Stevenson, Washington. I ate lunch there upon arriving in town. I found a clean, friendly and quaintly decorated restaurant and bar (not "bar and restaurant"; there is a difference). My luncheon was a simple steak sandwich, which was hot, tender and well presented. There is also an ample selection of craft, i.e. microbrews on tap. When I returned for an evening meal, the line was out the door and down the street! I was able to be seated at the bar, but decided upon a liquid dinner of very well executed cocktails. The food I saw being served, including a variety of salmon dishes, looked and smelled great.

Visited September 2013
Lodi, California
“Rainy Escape”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

African Peanut Soup? What's that? It's basically Thai peanut sauce in a cup and it is to do for! I was so glad it was raining that day because I wanted a warm me up which I found in the form of creamy deliciousness. It was a nice alternative to fries to go along with my BLT. Great service and wonderful retreat from the rain.

• Visited October 2013
White Salmon
“Good value and enjoyable food”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I don't normally rate grill or brewery food as excellent, but we have had consistently good food and service at Big River over the years, and the service is friendly and efficient. We love their black bean chili, I like their gardenburgers, and during a recent little weekend spent up in the Stevenson area (At Carson Ridge cabins, see my review!), between our less than mediocre dinner at the expensive Skamania Lodge and our next day's satisfying lunch at Big River, we wish we would have had dinner at Big River or El Rio rather than Skamania. Those little guys in Stevenson make an effort to provide consistently good food and service, for a quite good value. That goes much farther for us. We really like the Big River Grill.

• Visited September 2013