Skamania Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cascade Motel(Cascade Locks)
View Hotel
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
Rodeway Inn(Stevenson)
  • Restaurant
2,628 results
All reviewszip linethe outdoor hot tubcolumbia riverfire pitrocking chairshiking trailsa river view roomcascade dining roombeautiful propertyromantic getawaygreat roomgorgespafireplacestevensconferenceportland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed at the lodge for a work conference. Although I am always slightly wary of staying at places where I have no choice but to use the lodge facilities, Skamania proved me wrong. In addition to great conference services, I found all aspects of the lodge - restaurant, room, and surrounding areas - perfectly lovely. The best part was the view from the front lawn - amazing views of the Gorge just can't be beat. Some mornings were clear, others had clouds hanging over. Each time was a sight to behold. If you enjoy nature, there are some great trails nearby to hike - the air is as clear as the view. The rooms themselves were adequate - all needs were met, but it wasn't complete luxury. But what does it matter when you're there to take in the outdoors, not the room?! I would certainly recommend this location to someone!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2009

After the other reviews I expected a dated and overpriced "wannabe resort." Completely the opposite. This is just a great place to relax and enjoy the gorge. Had a river view with fireplace (they have reasonable government rates). Spent the first night drinking beers and watching the sun go down in the adirondack chairs in the rear of the lodge.

The Golf course is pretty much impossible if you ever hit the ball left or right but the greens were in really great shape.

Really awesome burger on the menu and great local beers from a Stephenson brewery.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dorko
Reviewed May 14, 2009

In summary, we had a terrible stay at Skamania Lodge. We checked in at around 8:45pm on a Friday night, and were informed that the main restaurant would stop serving at 9am. So, we ate in the lounge, where the food wasn't great and the service matched. Please be aware that the rooms are out of date and in need of sprucing up; the bed, for example, had a huge sag in it. There are flat screen TV's in the room, but this is the only thing that's updated. There was no kleenex in the room, so we called and asked them to bring some; they said they'd be right up, but never came. Upon arrival, there was a "welcome" card under the door, that was addressed to another guest, which made us wonder whether we were in the right room. Overall, the place just didn't feel well managed, and doesn't feel like a higher-end "lodge".

Our motivation for going to Skamania was to golf at their course, so we booked a "stay and play" package. Weeks went by after we made the reservation, and we were really looking forward to going there. On Saturday morning, I called to confirm our tee time, and they informed us that they had a huge tournament going, and would not be able to honor our tee time. So, essentially we drove five hours in rush hour traffic to get here on a Friday night, only to have the main reason we were there go up in smoke at 7am on Saturday morning. Needless to say, we were incredulous.

To their credit, they credited us back for the cost of our hotel stay, which included pre-paid golf we were unable to use, but we left obviously quite disappointed.

I'd really caution you about booking this place as a special occasion and/or weekend getaway, because it's not as nice as you're probably thinking it might be. If you do go, I'd recommend that you call repeatedly in advance of your stay to ensure no surprises.

As a post-script, they sent us a coupon to give them another shot. It was a coupon for a mid-week stay and off-peak golf., after we had booked a weekend stay and peak golf. While we appreciated the gesture, we scratched our heads on the restrictions that make it a lot less likely that we will actually use it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this weekend. I had attended a conference here several years ago, and wanted to go back with my sweetie.

We arrived about 12:30 on Saturday. I had booked the basic, forest view, but the lovely woman at the registration desk offered us a free upgrade if we could wait an hour. Since it was pouring down rain, and the bar beckoned, we agreed. The lovely lady at the registration desk took our hats and coats and we found the River Rock Room.

Even in the rain and mist, the view of the Columbia Gorge was stunning from the floor to ceiling windows in the lounge. The fire in the river rock fireplace was a cozy touch. I had remembered the house specialty apple margarita from my previous stay--although it was no longer on the menu, our waiter offered to make me one, no two, no three. Our upgraded room was beautiful, clean, and cozy--a gorgeous river/Gorge view, a gas fireplace, sitting area with couch and leather armchair, and unbelieveable comfortable king sized bed. That afternoon, we also enjoyed the indoor pool, and especially the outdoor hot tub; secluded by just blooming rhodedendrons and a rock waterfall, it was simply lovely.

We enjoyed dinner in the River Rock Room, rather than the more elegant, but expensive, Cascade Dining Room. There was a short selection of tempting appetizers--we enjoyed the bruschetta and croquettes prior to our juicy burgers. We also enjoyed breakfast here the next morning--the 14.95 breakfast buffet included bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs with cheese, hashbrowns, and cheese blintzes, along with an assortment of pastries, freshfruit, and 16 ounce glasses of juice.

Our room was perfectly quiet, and impeccably clean. In the morning, we enjoyed a hike on one of the resorts three trails. Our only complaint was that the trails could have been better marked.

We don't golf, but the golfcourse was stunning.

All staff were friendly, helpful, and professional.

I would stay here again for a special weekend.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

this resort property is among the finest I have stayed in bar none, it compares more than favorably to the Four Seasons Resorts I have previously visited. This was a business trip and the meeting facilities were superb and the staff hosting the metting (from the hotel) was able to accomodate the requests in short order, private dining was superb and the restaurant dinner buffet then sunday brunch were to quote a phrase "to die for"

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business