“Friday night buffet disappointment”

The Cascade Dining Room
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Stevenson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The hotel itself has been reviewed before but the restaurant has merit as a great place for a meal for Visitors to the Columbia River gorge, or Golfers using the Skamania lodge golf course. Hotel review here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58768-d271529-Reviews-Skamania_Lodge-Stevenson_Washington.html
Reviewed February 25, 2013

mediocre food, mediocre service, were not warned that the buffet was the only option. We should have had pizza delivered...

There are newer reviews for The Cascade Dining Room

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate here the last night of our 3 night stay, having had abysmal service at the resort's other dining option, River Rock. We had tried to eat here the previous evening but were turned away from the buffet despite the dining room being half empty. We were told it would be over an hour wait. I have never seen a restaurant hold tables for very late patrons, so this was an off-putting experience.

Still, we had to eat somewhere and didn't have a vehicle, so we bit the bullet and opted for the dining room. For what it's worth, it's not called the Skamania Lodge Dining Room, it's the Cascade Dining Room.

I don't for the life of me recall what my dining companions ordered. I had the duck breat and it was perfection on a plate. The duck was perfectly cooked, the skin crisp, the presentation beautiful. We all thought the food was amazing.

There was a bit of a glitch during our meal that was no fault of the restaurant. A woman sat at the table across from us her perfume was so overwhelming as to be nauseating. We called our server over and quietly explained the situation to her. She understoof immediately, as she thought it was quite a strong smell as well. She nicely gave us two options - change tables or have our dessert sent up to our room for us. We were fine with changing tables and in a flash she had us re-seated and anything we needed from our original table was in front of us.

I wish I could remember our server's name. She was precisely what you wish for in a server - friendly, efficient, extremely knowledgeable about the menu and quick to anticipate needs and solve problems.

While we may have found the meal a bit pricier than we had anticipated spending, the meal and the service were both superb.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

What do you call a "Special Wild Mushroom Salad" that contains absolutely no wild mushrooms whatsoever? I believe the proper term is a "rip-off." I complained about this to our waitress, expecting she would make an adjustment to our bill, or make a grand apology. Nope...nothing of the sort. She merely said, "Well I'll mention that to our chef." My wife's caesar salad had to have 1/3 of the lettuce cut of of it because it had gone bad. Our bill for two salads and two espresso drinks? $47! Be smart and stay away from this place.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Took our management team to skamania this last weekend. 18 of us came for our first of the year planning meeting. On friday night I took 18 people to the Buffett. This is the 4th time I have taken a group of more than 15 people. This was the best. Food was great. Service was excellent. We spent over $800.00 on the bill. Was it worth thst kind of money? Well, they sure dd their best to make it worth it. We will be back.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

There were 12 of us for dinner on a Friday evening. Everyone ate way more than we should have, but all the offerings were really good. We enjoyed the seafood the most. Well, that and the deserts.