“Great hotel room and service by Daniel”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Stevenson
California, United States
“Great hotel room and service by Daniel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed two nights while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. Room 105 was clean, had a fridge, TV, microwave, and was within walking distance of a lot of places to eat and a grocery store. Price was best in town too. The manager was great. He even gave me a ride to another hotel across the river when this place filled up. Continental breakfast was basic cold stuff, hot coffee, toast, cereal, fruit, danishes. I'd definitely recommend to other hikers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
KKPatelVancouverWA, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, convenient, and hospitable experience. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shoreline, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

we stayed one night and it was a clean room downstairs toward the back....bed was fine no bugs anywhere..clean shower....great air conditioning. So for the price it was fine. Just your basic motel room.

Room Tip: rooms on the highway might be noisy....go towards the back
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meegan D
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience. Your satisfaction and enjoyment are very important to us. Thank you for your business and review.
Oregon
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a budget hotel and so I expect to get what I pay for. When I'm traveling alone, I can get by with cold cereal and OJ for breakfast and little or no decor in the room. And actually, I appreciate having a refrigerator and microwave
in the room, which many upscale hotels don't have. Throw in free wifi, which this little motel also does, and now we're talking!
The downside: due to its proximity to the highway, it was very noisy early in the morning. The room was small and I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in it. But for a late night stopover, considering the amenities and price, it was a good deal and in an attractive, safe location.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the highway as possible!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MoonshineOregon
Thank you for taking the time to leave such thorough and revealing feedback. We do apologize for the noise that you encountered during your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time to give tips for future guests who can benefit from such advice. We want you to know that your feedback and description of your experience at our hotel is of utmost importance to us. We hope that everything turned out all right and we are looking forward to seeing you again!
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Rodeway Inn Stevenson, Wa is a simple, no frills motel. It is an EXTRAORDINARY clean room. Amenities include a microwave and a small refrigerator, once again very clean. The owner greeted me with a wonderful smile and noticed I was walking with a limp (I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hip) and was most concerned that the only room left was up a flight of 5 stairs. "will this be good with you, will you be able to go up the stair? I will help you". Now that is true concern for your guests. Once again, for $44/night this motel is not luxury, simple down home clean, friendly and with owners that are just about the kindest I've seen.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as I have stayed here several times. There is a train that passes by several ti...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank redone5288
It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

this motel conveniently located right at the entrance of the town, if you drive towards Portland. There is a grocery store within 5 min to walk with an info center on the way, same right side of the sidewalk.
There is a Big T’s Diner almost across the motel with a very friendly staff, gigantic portions of good meal. I had breakfast there.

The big BUT to stay in this motel is a train, running day and night 2 streets away. Ear plugs will help though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k0za
Brookfield, WI
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was a desperation booking from the road. Had a magazine for the area that had an ad for the Rodeway Inn. We figured it couldn't be too bad since it was a Choice Hotel. Not true!!
I always check Trip Advisor before booking a hotel. We did not have a chance to check since we were driving from Mount St. Helens area. The night manager was nice, but it took him a while to find the reservation we made on the phone, When we got to the room, there were outside "porch" type lights that had attracted every bug from the river area you could imagine. I was trying to open, throw things into the room and quickly shut the door with each load from the car. I was not successful in keeping them out. Mostly gnats, but some unidentified bugs also got in. We did NOT find bed bugs, so that was a relief. Once we got done loading in, I tried to take advantage of the FREE WI-FI that was on a big banner on the front of the "inn". It didn't work. BIG Surprise!! I was too tired to call to complain. When I went to check out, I told the guy at the desk ( who looked like he just rolled out of bed ) about the issue. As others have mentioned, there was a language barrier. He looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. It took me three tries to get him to understand, He said "oh". No apologies. Will not EVER stay here again. I could deal with the room issues if, at least, the desk staff were more accommodating. My Dad said the breakfast was just OK and the coffee in the room for the coffee maker was awful.

Room Tip: Don't know if there is a good room. We had 115 and the biggest issue was the bugs outside the ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Swingsongbird

Travelers are raving about these Stevenson hotels

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Need I say more? I work out of town every week, for the last 6 years. And I have NEVER had a bed bug problem until I stayed at the rodeway inn in Stevenson. I will be making efforts to get this dive taken off our corporate lodging list. If it looks bad-------it is bad

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Travisbro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
#5 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!