“Good little restaurant!”

The Bair Bistro at The Bair Drug & Hardware
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Steilacoom
Cuisines: Healthy, American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Bair Bistro is a family style restaurant within the historic Bair Drug & Hardware Living Museum.
“Good little restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

The Bair is in the quaint little town of Steilacoom a couple of blocks from the water. They have really good Italian sodas and old fashioned French fries. I've had the Mama Bair sandwich, the Tuna Melt, and the Grilled cheese and they were all pretty good. They also, oftentimes have freshly made pies and desserts. I would recommend stopping in if you are ever in Steilacoom. :)

steilacoom
“Poor Could be great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The service is slow and confused. The cooking is inconsistent. The management could do better. The atmosphere is wonderful with old soda fountain and was great. I have experienced well prepared food to burnt that should not have been sent out. The Steilacoom Historical Society should step in and help make this work.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank madmaddie
“cool atmosphere, disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

this place was highly recommended, and the location, setting, etc are interesting and fun. but the food was just... very bland and uninspired, even though breakfast is the easiest menu to develop. the selection was fairly limited. my 'omelet' was just a slab of srambled egg with a few veg sprinkled on top. my friends 'monte cristo' was two slabs of french toast and a slice or two of ham and cheese, served with syrup. the fried potatoes looked savory but were utterly flavorless.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gabrandall
Tacoma, Washington
“Disappointing in Most Regards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Inept service, mediocre food, in a nice setting. Years ago, this was THE place for breakfast in Steilacoom. A succession of operators have continued to lower the bar each time.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank FightingLeprechaun
Steilacoom, Washington
“Average food--below average service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I took my parents here for Father's Day breakfast. My Dad ordered a side of bacon with his meal, and when the meals came he didn't get it. The waitress said they forgot and went to get it. She got busy doing other things (there were 2 other waitstaff there also) and forgot. We asked about it a 2nd time. She went to the back for a long time, came out and started doing other things. Asked a THIRD TIME (by this time our meal was almost over) and she said it had been given to another table and did we want it to go? A side of bacon to go? No. She STILL never brought it. Also had to ask multiple times for coffee refills. I'll be looking around for another breakfast place. Nice atmosphere, ok food, bad service. At least she didn't charge us for the side of bacon we never got. Asking 3 times and never getting it? Unacceptable.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank nikibee
TheMamaBair, Owner at The Bair Bistro at The Bair Drug & Hardware, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your honest opion. I check sites like these quite often, as it is a good reference of how we can improve. I apologize for the lack of service that you experienced at The Bair, and I know that in the past, your are not the only person to have felt this way. We have been working on our service & our timeliness over the last year and our new crew has received rave reviews from our patrons. It has taken us some time to get into the swing of things, but I feel that because we are willing to be accountable to our mistakes, we are also able to learn from them! I hope that you will try us out again.