“Chuckwagon style”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Almost like eating in an old lumberjack mess hall. Food is good, if not great, and you won't go away hungry. Atmosphere is cool, including the sawdust floors. Make sure you spring the extra few dollars for a piece of Stehekin Pastry Company pie.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Took the shuttle to the ranch for dinner. Good food, served buffet style, fun, friendly setting, delicious pies. Very friendly casual atmosphere. Van returned us to the Stehekin Landing where we were staying. Saw a bear on the return trip, owner stopped the van so we could watch the bear wander along the river..

1  Thank Phyllis B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were staying at the lodge at Stehekin where we ate twice. Based on recommendations from locals, we tried the ranch for dinner. Considering you are two miles off the pacific crest trail outside of cell service in the beautiful North Cascades, it was great. Chicken parm was the special, and to be truthful, I have been served way worse in places that have no excuse. This is rustic "glam ping"(glamorous camping) and the food was more than adequate. It is about the total experience! When you are up lake, it is for the beauty and solitude, not five star dining. Next time, I will try the steak!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Four of us made our reservation for dinner the day we arrived. We rode the park service bus up the 7 miles from the Boat Landing.

Dinner was family style. I opted for fired chicken, and the other three for the salmon. Mashed potatoes, carrots, and salad filled my plate.

There was a variety of excellent pies from the pastry company for dessert. Excellent.

There was a lot to eat and it was tasty. Sawdust on the floor added to the ambience.

Finally the owner drove up back the 7 mlles to our rooms.

A very nice dinner experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is not a 5 Star, gourmet experience, but well worth your time and the bus rides you'll need to get there. Outstanding, home-style food. Served buffet- style, a different special day to day. Happened to be flank steak the night we arrived. The flank steak was perfectly seasoned and grilled; served with an amazing mixed garden vegetable saute, ROASTED BEETS, white rice, the most wonderful unique baked beans I've probably ever had, a number of typical and atypical homemade salads in the salad bar, homemade bread, and OMG!! an array of home made PIES with REAL WHIPPED CREAM.!! I wish I had known before the trip that they only had lemonade, water and coffee, but they are fine with guests bringing their own wine or whatever. The only "down" side to the experience is that it felt a little "rushed" - symptomatic of the location which relies on the shuttle bus (from The Lodge below) to get you there, along with the Ranch's own bus to get you back to the marina area. I guess timing is everything? BONUS: A Brown bear sow with three cubs was ambling along about 50 yards off the road as we made our way back. Truthfully, without the bear sighting, this is a really scenic, beautiful little road trip. If I make my way back to Stehekin, I will make a point of visiting the Ranch again.