“Yum, Yum, Yum”

Stehekin Pastry Company
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Stehekin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We made the Stehekin Pastry our daily stop, whether for breakfast or for a snack, we managed to go there everyday. Great place, don't miss it. Walk there and justify the calories!

1  Thank Phyllis B

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stehekin and the north end of Lake Chelan are as pretty as any place in the world. And added to that is this fantastic cafe/bakery. It is a beautiful building with friendly staff and customers. All that I had for lunch was their unbelievable sausage and potato soup. They also had a borscht that my wife loved. With it came a fine bread roll with yummy jam. I wish that I could have eaten more. A short distance from this is an organic farm with goat milk products, and it is worth a stop on the walk back to the town.

1  Thank rerBellevue
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It hard to know where to start here. You can walk the 2 miles from the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin, or take a "Bakery Express" for $2 each way. We did both.

The pastries here are beyond description. Big and luscious.

I have added a few photos to try to capture the magnificence of these but you have to taste them to really understand.

The building is warm and inviting inside, with lots of seating. The coffee is excellent. Once I arrived it was hard to leave.

Very isolated but that is part of the charm. Nothing like it.

1  Thank Hayduke
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Not only excellent food, but excellent and fast service as well. They are ready for the shuttle bus crowds and cheerfully serve all, and quickly...besides which the shuttle waits for everyone to get their orders. We took food back to our room to eat on our deck rather than have a mediocre dinner at the landing....

1  Thank e j
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stehekin is a once in a lifetime trip and should be on everyone’s bucket list. If you make it to Stehekin the Pastry Company is a must!!!!
Sandwiches, soups and salads are at least a 9+, but the pastries are a 10+! From the sticky buns to the cinnamon rolls everything is made from scratch onsite starting early each morning. Keep in mind this place is a 55 mile boat ride to the closest city! You have got to come here, spend at least two nights, eat at the Pastry Company at least 4 times (5 times for my me and my wife) and then you can remove this from your bucket list and move on. You’ll love it!!

3  Thank harpergd