“Come have a Donut!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Come have a Donut!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Donut Parade has been around for many years, more then I have thats for sure. I was intouduced to the Parade at a very young age with my God Father and my Dad. I can remember sitting at the stools that are still there today, 24+ years later! I am not a cake fan and I really dont like store bought donuts. But I devour' the maple bars here!
I'm not much of a sandwhich person either, but my first BLT at the Donut Parade got me hooked! My sons favorite is the Bisket & Gravy with a donut on the side! We would go every thursday befor school, best memories created in the little Ma' & Pa' run business!
I see a review that says something about mold.....BEST damn mold selection I think, Provilone-Colby-or Swiss to choose from to be put on either a turkey or ham with lettuce tomato sprouts on choice of bread. Hell yeah!
Its no just a donut shop, its a VERY large kitchen where everyone seems to know everyone and we all enjoy the time to stop and smell the fresh donuts!
So the next time your around Hamilton and Illinoise look for the Parade, come say "Hi!" and enjoy the best since 1968!

• Visited June 2012

Meridian, Idaho
“I really wanted to like them better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I looked up the best donuts in Spokane before I headed over from Montana. When we got to the building there was a line almost out the door which is a good sign that the donuts are fantastic. The inside is nothing short of a hole in the wall but I could care less as long as the donuts are good. The lady that took my order was very friendly and offered to re-dip the chocolate old fashioned since it was a little lacking in frosting. She also offered us up warm maple and chocolate bars. The bars were so fresh they bend when you eat them. I found myself liking them but not loving them. Are they fresh...no question but really its just a super fresh donut and not much more. Most of what I saw was tons of flavored bars. I didn't see any crullers, or fancier type donuts. If your after a great gooey maple or chocolate bar than this is the place for you. If your after something a bit fancier than I suggest elsewhere. Once again the service was great and with a smile. I just wished I had like them better.

• Visited March 2012
Wisconsin
“One of a Kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

There is no place else like the Donut Parade. We were visiting our son at Moody Bible College and its a block from his school- the place has been open since the 1920's and the place looks like it did when it opened - the donuts are like no other - granted its hard to find a bad donut but sometimes you find something that is just at another level - the maple bars are perfect - go on week-ends for the maple bars with bacon - but everything was fresh, hot and amazing - GO!

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Donuts the way they should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Great Donut shop like you used to see before supermarkets made them start to disappear. Love the cake donuts. Atmosphere is great although not as cool as Voodoo donut In Portland the donuts themselves are just as good.

Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Everything!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2010

If you like the mom and pop feeling when you go into a place this is a good place for that here in spokane (my husband and I have been scoping these places out all over town) It's got that older building smell... like it's been there for a while (which we love) Truly, I don't know where I have seen better customer service and better value. The girls at the counter always go above and beyond to make us happy, and they are very personable. I get a 20oz triple shot caramel Latte, which is one of the best I've ever had and it's only alittle over $3 and tons of donuts...which are cheap, soft and delicious!! Spending part of a day here with a latte and the paper is heaven for people like me. Try the maple bar. They serve sandwiches and soups but I haven'tt gotten to try that yet. The only thing that sucks is that they aren't open all day long! Starbucks has nothing on The Donut Parade!