“The Wild Sage is tops!”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This intimate setting is not easily spotted from the road, but is well worth the search.

The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive and helpfull. The menu was very good and inlcuded vegetarian options, which were top notch! Good sized portions, great presentation, and excellent flavor left us very impressed with our dinning experience. Price was as expected for a meal of this quality.

The Wild Sage is not to be missed when visiting the Spokane area.

1  Thank RobH20

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our waitperson was exceptional but the food was mediocre to good (at best). My pear gorgonzola salad was ruined and because it had been overdressed. The best part of our entrée order of golden trout as the rice/quinoa vegetable base but even that had an oily texture.

Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Well, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your service. I'm pretty fond of my staff and agree with you 100%! I'm bummed that you didn't enjoy your trout. It is honestly my second favorite thing on the menu (I'm not sure that anything will replace the duck as my #1 choice). With that being said, I did ask the chef to look into your comments. It sounds to me that the sauté cook that night might have been heavy handed in dressing the quinoa-rice blend. I love the crispy skin element of the dish with the salt and spices combined with the lemon-chive beurre blanc. Long story short, if dressed and cooked properly it's an amazing dish. Sorry it was not to your liking. Please never hesitate to let your server know that we missed the mark. Part of being that great server you loved is their willingness to make sure you are always delighted with everything we put in front of you.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wild Sage is located on Second Street and is hardly noticeable, so I want to recommend that you take time to check out this fabulous restaurant. The food is outstanding, service is wonderful, atmosphere is great and you will not be disappointed. Making reservations is a must, however, if you dine early such as 5:30 you might be able to walk in. Now I know lots of people do not like liver, but this entree is like 'none other'. Be brave and order it and also the Baby Kale Caesar Salad. Enjoy your evening and I know you will want to go back to dine there again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I showed up there last night for dinner without reservations. The place was full but I still didn't feel that I waited that long to be seated. Both the food and the service more than compensated for the wait. I had the Breast of Duckling which was delicious. I normally wouldn't order duckling medium rare but, that being the chef's suggestion, I decided to give it a try. Awfully glad I did. YUM!!! The Wild Sage cocktail was also something I'd never experienced. It has lime juice which makes it a little tart but not so much. Mostly it was simply very tasty. Should I ever get to return, I'll definitely have another!! Great job, Bistro staff!! Good experience all the way around.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I have eaten all over the world and appreciate good food and dining experiences. I had eaten here years ago with a friend of mine and had a fond memory so decided to suggest it for a date night. We ordered the tapas plate to start and it was absolutely nothing special...not a single thing on it was memorable for it's $14 pre-meal price tag. We were served popovers which are basically crusted air with no substance while we waited for our main course. We each ordered the specials and they were okay. My husband ordered the pear tart dessert and it didn't even look appealing and he concurred it didn't taste much better than it looked. For a tab of nearly $120 for two there are many, many other restaurants in town I would pick many times over before here. It was definitely not worth that.

Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Isabella,
After reading your review, I think your score was generous to us. I dined in my own restaurant Sunday night after a theatre production, and had issue with a couple of items myself (granted, I'm a tough critic). I was especially disappointed that my kitchen had decided to run the Pear Strudel after I had asked it be removed on Friday, since I found it underwhelming and not to our standards. I'm not going to kick my own butt any further in this public arena, but suffice to say I am truly saddened that your return visit did not live up to the prior memory. Rest assured, when my chef returned to the restaurant Monday and was presented with this information, he spent a significant amount of time coaching and following up with his crew.
I am very proud of my staff and the consistently great job they do. Your visit was an embarrassing exception and you have my sincere apology. Please contact me at your convenience so that I may have you return as my guest. It would be my pleasure to have the opportunity to show you what "all the hype" is about. Warm regards, Tom Sciortino/Managing Partner