“Excellent, slightly pretentious presentation”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 908 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The place is in an older building; it was actually once a car showroom. There are a lot of hard edges and it's a little noisy for a "romantic" place. I had the trout and my husband had a chicken dish. We also had wine, and I had a very nice pinot gris, which was generous and not too pricey. Both were very nice but came with everything all stacked up vertically on the plate. I am not that fond of the trendy "food tower" presentation. It tasted it good, though. We also shared a chocolate hazelnut torte for dessert (OK, my husband ordered it and gave me three lousy bites). Good coffee at the end, and the waitress was fine with me ordering cream for it and my husband asking for milk.

1  Thank HistorianMom

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Bistro gets it all right; Fresh, top quality food, excellent chef skills, attentive staff and time to enjoy! Smart decor and and music at a low-level, so that you will have a delightful dining experience with your fellow table mates. All 4 of us ordered different entrees and we shared forkfulls to broaden our experience. Two of us were from So. Cal and my Spokane Cousin and her husband strongly suggested that we dine at the Bistro. Very glad that we did and you will be also. The Bistro is very near to the Barrister Winery in downtown. Prost!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wild Sage is our go-to restaurant when we feel like having a special dinner together and treat our taste buds. We have eaten there several times over the past two years. Everything we have ever tried has been fantastic, although I confess that while I sample various desserts, appetizers and salads, I am stuck on their fabulous duck entree. I adore it. My husband loves the calf's liver. I would say the portion sizes are consistent with any other fine restaurant, as are the prices. Yes, it's high-end but so is the food. And the drinks. The Parisian Pear is my personal favorite. It is deservedly popular, so be sure to get reservations.

1  Thank PrincessKatja
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped by when i was in town with business with a co-worker who lives in the area. Had reservations at 6:30 and got in with no problems, but i heard other nights may be more difficult. I ordered the calf liver. Maybe only a place that can survive making something like that is a place that makes it very well, because i found it to be delicious. It had a great flavor, where you almost forgot what you were eating. They also had a new soup with salmon in it that was good. Good selection of drinks and wines as well. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful in trying to make menu choices.

1  Thank tac0matraveler
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were visting Spokane from the Seattle area and wanted to go to someplace special for dinner on a Sunday evening. We called at 5:15, hoping that we could go for an early dinner. Only because someone had cancelled, they told us we could come at 6:30. (Otherwise we would have been out of luck.) After eating there, it looks like they only plan on one seating each night. The meal took about 2 hours. We were in no particular hurry, so it was fine. We spent more on that meal than probably any meal we've ever eaten out, about $130 by the time we left, for two of us. The deserts were really good, especially the coconut cake. My husband had a New York steak, which was HUGE, but just average in taste. We split an asparagus salad which was very enjoyable. I would not say the portions were small, as some other reviewers have. The popovers are fun. I would come back, if I had the money for an expensive meal.