“Scruptious food in a sophisticated ambiance”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 908 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have eaten here four or five times since it opened and have enjoyed wonderful food and charming service each time. This last time was no exception. The food was tasty, the drinks were amazing (we started with one of their signature cocktails and then moved on to a lovely bottle of wine) and our lovely server was helpful, witty and knowledgeable both about both the food and the wine. This time I had the Kobe steak which was prepared and seasoned to perfection, but don't shy away from other items on the menu, everything I have had has been good. I just wish they still opened for lunch as that is when I am usually in Spokane.

Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I must admit that I never tire of hearing them! We have not ruled out opening for lunch again in the future, or even possibly a weekend brunch. Happy dining in 2013.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had a very good hamburger and goat cheese chicken. The frites were amazing, home made with a very good pesto sauce. The reception was not so good though ... Not interested enough about the guests

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place represents the way to serve and prepar a meal. All that we tasted was excellent --- service by JJ excelled would recommend
To one and all as the best in the Spokane area We will return!

Thank you for letting us know about your dining experience with us. JJ was one of our original hires in 2006. Beginning as a busboy at the ripe age of 18, he has come a long way. He's kind of like that bratty kid brother you thought would never grow up. All kidding aside, he is a fun addition to our wait staff.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Now that we have your attention, let me tell you about our server Rob; he wasn't your run of the mill server, no sirree. He delighted us with his conversational style, serving acumen and bartending skill. When he greeted us we asked about signature drinks, specifically the Rob-jito. Turns out he was Rob, the master mixer, beverage builder extraordinaire! Couldn't resist and so glad we didn't! If you like cilantro and cucumber, a most refreshing combo, you'll be thrilled with this drink. We can also recommend the Blueberry Basil Drop and the house Chardonnay was packed with flavor. We ordered Calamari and Yukon Taquitos as appetizers, enjoyable but I think...based on tripadvisor reviews...I was expecting more flavor. We had the Cuban Black Bean soup and it was crazy delicious, bursting with the flavor and texture that I had been expecting with the taquitos. Kobe steak and cioppino were our entrees and for the first time in many months we had steak that was cooked to perfection. Cioppino was spiced with a deft hand and downright tasty! Dessert (yes, we even had dessert) was a large slice of coconut cake which can easily serve two and pumpkin brulee that was so good that we wanted to order one for the road...but didn't. Through all of this Rob was tending bar, serving and making trips to the kitchen to have our in depth questions answered i.e, how on earth do you roast blueberries for the Blueberry Basil Drop? You'll have to visit Wild Sage and ask for Rob to get the answer. The next morning as half of us boarded airplanes and the other half prepared for the long drive to the "wet" side we were still talking about Rob and the Wild Sage. Rob, you certainly raised the server bar! This bistro is not large and I would not recommend it to families with small children. A final note, as our daughter in law says, one way you can tell a class establishment from the ordinary is the toilet paper they provide. Wild Sage provides Charmin. Class! :)

2  Thank wanderin98031
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Ok, so I'm way behind in responding to all the great reviews we have received, but never before have I laughed out loud reading one! I'm delighted by your charming review, and couldn't agree more about Rob, he's a treasure. What really made me laugh, was the toilet paper review. If you only know how many times women have pulled me over to ask what brand of paper we use!
Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We specifically visited here on our cross-country drive because of the reviews of their gluten free friendliness. We were not disappointed! Not only was their Kobe burger the best gluten free burger I have had, it was by far the best burger that I have ever had! I am not ashamed to admit that I made more than one moan of satisfaction. It was also wonderful how they provided very good gluten free bread as a side.