“"hitting on all cylinders"”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Ranked #1 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Helena, Montana
“"hitting on all cylinders"”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The owners of Barrister Winery suggested we try Wild Sage, saying that the restaurant was "hitting on all cylinders" - and they were right. Although located outside the downtown and on a somewhat funky street, Wild Sage has a pleasant atmosphere inside with red brick walls and lots of wood. We dined early before going to the theater, yet Wild Sage was filling up. Service was excellent, with a waiter more than willing to describe dishes and make suggestions. The food was imaginative and delicious. The Yukon Gold potato taquito appetizer really is special --it's one of those dishes that sounds bizarre, but try it -- you won't regret it. My vegetarian entree was delicious, as were the scallops my husband ordered. We loved the popovers -- a nice change of pace from the usual dinner roles. Dessert was a port-soaked cake with vanilla bean ice cream that we shared and enjoyed. The wine list was ample and offered great choices. It's not an inexpensive restaurant, but Wild Sage offers quality dining on all counts.

Tigard, Oregon
“Another fabulous meal!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

In town for Zag weekend & insisted on taking my daughter here. Steve was our server and spoiled us all evening! We appreciated his knowledge in helping us selecting beverages & entrees. Truly, great service is an art - and Steve has it down! Go out on a limb and try some of their outrageous cocktails - like the Cucumber Quince (not on the menu but ask for it) or the Virgin Pomegrante Spirit. And if you want to really finish off your evening in style try the Callebaut Tart.

Spokane, Washington
“must have been off this time”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love this restaurant, but it is expensive and I want the food to be a good value. Ordered the special which was scallops on a polenta wheel. Although good, it was cold. Also my gluten free rolls came out frozen in the middle. They were like little food bombs. Will return tho!

• Visited September 2012
Thank Mrs. Zebra
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We sure appreciate the nice rating you gave us, but it doesn't sound like we earned it. I appreciate your care and concern for the Wild Sage and our other dining guests by sharing this less then perfect visit. Boy, when we goof, we goof. Cold food is not what we're about. You didn't mention, but I hope that we fixed everything for you and got our act together! Thanks again for letting us know.
Tacoma, Washington
“Wild About Wild Sage”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went here for happy hour in the bar, so my review is based on that experience. I had the fondue plate ($5 at happy hour). It was very delicious. The vegetables were roasted in olive oil, so they had a smoky flavor. They were good enough to eat sans the melted cheese. The portion was large enough to be a meal. I also had the tapas sampler plate ($11 at happy hour). This plate alone was enough for two people for a meal. I did not finish it, as it was a lot of food. I didn't realize that Kansas bacon is ham, so I was disappointed in not getting real bacon, as I do not like ham. This is not the fault of the restaurant, though--I should know my pork products. The potato croquettes were good, and the Spanish meatballs had just the right spice but were a bit over cooked. The popovers were to die for. They were moist and airy, and when broken in half, they became the perfect scoop for the orange butter that accompanied them. The bartender was very friendly and professional, and it was entertaining to watch him make the various fresh fruit libations.

Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
“Just Outstanding”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I happened to be in Spokane on our anniversary this year. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we picked Wild Sage to celebrate with a special dinner. We started with the Yukon gold potato taquito appetizer. Frankly we could've just stopped right there and had a few more of those for dinner. They were amazing. But we didn't. Wife had the prawn pasta and I had the NY strip steak. Both were out of this world and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Topped it all off with pumpkin creme brulee and coconut cake desserts and both were great. We loved the atmposphere and the service as well. Great wine list featuring mostly Pacific NW wines. And definitely not cheap, but compared to high end restaurants in other cities, it wasn't outrageous either. About $150 for two with apps, entrees, desserts and a few glasses of wine. Not too bad and worth every penny. Overall a great experience and we'll definitely be back next time we're in Spokane.