“must have been off this time”

Wild Sage American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Downtown Spokane's Premier Restaurant and Happy Hour. Wild Sage is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Spokane and is winner of the Full Service Restaurant of the Year award from the Washington Restaurant Association. We are the premier downtown bistro for casual and romantic dinners, or drinks, desserts and small plates after a show or event.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love this restaurant, but it is expensive and I want the food to be a good value. Ordered the special which was scallops on a polenta wheel. Although good, it was cold. Also my gluten free rolls came out frozen in the middle. They were like little food bombs. Will return tho!

Thank Mrs. Zebra
Tom S, Owner at Wild Sage American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

We sure appreciate the nice rating you gave us, but it doesn't sound like we earned it. I appreciate your care and concern for the Wild Sage and our other dining guests by sharing this less then perfect visit. Boy, when we goof, we goof. Cold food is not what we're about. You didn't mention, but I hope that we fixed everything for you and got our act together! Thanks again for letting us know.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went here for happy hour in the bar, so my review is based on that experience. I had the fondue plate ($5 at happy hour). It was very delicious. The vegetables were roasted in olive oil, so they had a smoky flavor. They were good enough to eat sans the melted cheese. The portion was large enough to be a meal. I also had the tapas sampler plate ($11 at happy hour). This plate alone was enough for two people for a meal. I did not finish it, as it was a lot of food. I didn't realize that Kansas bacon is ham, so I was disappointed in not getting real bacon, as I do not like ham. This is not the fault of the restaurant, though--I should know my pork products. The potato croquettes were good, and the Spanish meatballs had just the right spice but were a bit over cooked. The popovers were to die for. They were moist and airy, and when broken in half, they became the perfect scoop for the orange butter that accompanied them. The bartender was very friendly and professional, and it was entertaining to watch him make the various fresh fruit libations.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I happened to be in Spokane on our anniversary this year. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we picked Wild Sage to celebrate with a special dinner. We started with the Yukon gold potato taquito appetizer. Frankly we could've just stopped right there and had a few more of those for dinner. They were amazing. But we didn't. Wife had the prawn pasta and I had the NY strip steak. Both were out of this world and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Topped it all off with pumpkin creme brulee and coconut cake desserts and both were great. We loved the atmposphere and the service as well. Great wine list featuring mostly Pacific NW wines. And definitely not cheap, but compared to high end restaurants in other cities, it wasn't outrageous either. About $150 for two with apps, entrees, desserts and a few glasses of wine. Not too bad and worth every penny. Overall a great experience and we'll definitely be back next time we're in Spokane.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

After a long drive down from Alberta we chose Wild Sage Bistro for dinner. A Tapas appetizer and then the Bistro's wonderful burger accompanied by a cold beer was a great end to our day.

These choices were from what looked like an eclectic and well developed menu. We hope to return soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have yet to find another restaurant anywhere that can compete with Wild Sage. The service is amazing (especially Heather Ann), the flavors are unique and wonderful, the pop-overs and flavored butter is to die for, and they have a great wine list. The last time I was there I had the calf liver and it was unreal. I only wish that I lived closer so that I could visit this restaurant all the time!