“Try the one in Hillyard!!”

Red Dragon Chinese Delivery
Ranked #549 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This review is for the Red Dragon located in Hillyard on Diamond Avenue. We went in for dinner on a Friday night - good food at great prices! It completely satified our Chinese food craving.

We tried to get a full spectrum of what they offer. We ordered the Pick Three combo ($8.75 and added $1.50 for the Speical Chow Mein - we ordered the Honey Wine Chicken, Sweet & Sour Chicken, and the Special Chow Mein) and for $10.75 we had Combo #10 which includes an egg roll, fried shrimp, BBQ pork, fried rice, sweet & sour pork, almond chicken, and teriyaki chicken . Both entrees included the Egg Flower Soup which is good! We also ordered a pot of hot tea.

I would like to say we would definitely go back again! Majority of the food was tasty and fresh. The best item was the Honey Wine Chicken!!

There were a few items we didn't like. What makes the chow mein "special" is that they are soft noodles instead of the canned crunchy noodles and you get chicken, shrimp, and pork mixed in. We didn't think this upgrade was worth it...especially since we didn't get any shrimp in ours.

The almond chicken is a piece of deep fried chicken covered with a brown sauce with almond dust on top. We prefer the stir fried preparation with chicken, veggies, and actualy pieces of almond mixed together.

The waitress was "just the facts"...which is OK with us especially since every seat and booth was occupied (literally...it was packed on a Friday night at 6:30pm). There are two small tables outside - one of those was being used by a family of three. I wouldn't like it out there - your sitting adjacent to the street in Hillyard (not known for its ambiance).

They do offer alcoholic beverages - beer, wine, and mixed drinks.

I do find it interesting they have belly dancers at the Downtown location on Fridays starting at 5pm...we might need to check that location out some day.

In summary - stop in and give them a try!!

1  Thank Cbug73

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I like the cImbos, egg flower soup is good, good fried rice. Dont care for the breading used on items, tastes like cheap carnival breading.. But I've been a few times and would go back.. They deliver!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Both locations deliver-but the Hillyard one is better for eating in. Great service-cool specials, great drinks-and an attentive waitstaff make it worth a visit. Beautiful interior. My new favorite spot!

1  Thank Don R
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We ordered food to be delivered to our hotel room. I wish we hadn't bothered! The food took 1 hour to arrive which I was told when I paid, we paid $40 for luke warm, greasy slop. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Louise L
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had delivery at the hotel I was staying in. It took over an hour for the delivery but it was a Saturday night. The fried rice was the best I have tasted. It was not just rice it was full of shrimp, chicken and beef. Well worth the wait

Been to Red Dragon Chinese Delivery? Share your experiences!