“Excellent value!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast. Had country breakfast which came with waffle, bacon and eggs. Everything tasted excellent. Generous 4 strips of bacon. The coffe is very good. Charming, home town atmosphere where you can easily appreciate that there are numerous regulars who frequent the place no doubt because of the great food, excellent price, and friendly servers. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Usually when the eggs in a benedict are overcooked, it turns me off to the whole place, but not this time. I had the california benedict, with ham instead of turkey, and loved it, even though my eggs were overdone. I loved the kids coloring page and pancake. And one of the best surprises was the fresh orange juice that would have cost twice as much anywhere else. A small is $2.25 and large $3.25. I had the small and it was larger than I expected it would be, maybe 10 ounces. My family of 6 arrived just before 10am on a Sunday morning and we were seated in about 10 minutes. This is a small place, but the food is cooked quickly and the servers know what they're doing. I highly recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

These guys have awesome service. Our coffee and water was always full. The waiter was spot on with interaction and service. I liked my omelet, but it was not great. The hash-browns were spot on. Perfectly balanced between crispiness, flavor, and moistness. Our overall experience was brought down by the fruit. Most of us ordered fruit, but after one bite we did not finish it. It appeared to be low grade fruit cocktail. Fruit is in season right now, I sugget maybe bananas, strawberries, or even cantaloupe. The coffee was very good and my clients enjoyed the experience and most of their meals.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This has long been our family go to place for, well, everything. First, the food is excellent. More importantly, the service is amazing. In years we have never had a single complaint. The staff is super accommodating> Englis muffin instead of pancakes? no prob. Egg beaters? Sure. My daughter is super picky and grills the server on fat content, preparation, etc. I can be ready to crawl under the table but every question is answered knowledgeably. After my family became regulars we started to run into friends there all the time...word of mouth advertising. This is truly the best service we've ever had.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My first time eating here, my friend and I arrived at 9:00 am. The place was already packed but we were seated quickly and greeted with menus just as fast. Lots of variety but I went straight to the omlets as usual. I chose the smoked sausage and cheese omlet with home fries. My friend got another omlet with hash browns. I added onions and gr. pepper to mine b/c no vegis came with it. For as little that was added I didn't feel .75 per item was really worth it though.

The food came quick, I just wasn't crazy about the sausage, it left a fatty taste in my mouth. The home fries were good but nothing extraordinary. My friend's hb's looked great and I'd probably choose that next time. And yes I would go back.

The place is small and loud if crowded, so if you want some quiet convo, this isn't the place. Service is great. Little things could be tended to though--for one, wipe off those salt and pepper shakers. Greasy shakers just turn my stomach, they're nasty. And the window we were sitting at probably faced the street and at street level so the blinds were almost shut. What I could see was black dirt/debris just sitting right up next to the glass. Probably not able to clean it, but it was not real appetizing to look at.

Relatively inexpensive as long as you don't want a few vegis added. But a nice all around place to grab a good breakfast.

Been to Kalico Kitchen? Share your experiences!