“Best breakfast in spokane”
Review of Kalico Kitchen

Kalico Kitchen
Ranked #79 of 884 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Best breakfast in spokane”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This has long been our family go to place for, well, everything. First, the food is excellent. More importantly, the service is amazing. In years we have never had a single complaint. The staff is super accommodating> Englis muffin instead of pancakes? no prob. Egg beaters? Sure. My daughter is super picky and grills the server on fat content, preparation, etc. I can be ready to crawl under the table but every question is answered knowledgeably. After my family became regulars we started to run into friends there all the time...word of mouth advertising. This is truly the best service we've ever had.

• Visited July 2012

Spokane, Wa
“Good Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My first time eating here, my friend and I arrived at 9:00 am. The place was already packed but we were seated quickly and greeted with menus just as fast. Lots of variety but I went straight to the omlets as usual. I chose the smoked sausage and cheese omlet with home fries. My friend got another omlet with hash browns. I added onions and gr. pepper to mine b/c no vegis came with it. For as little that was added I didn't feel .75 per item was really worth it though.

The food came quick, I just wasn't crazy about the sausage, it left a fatty taste in my mouth. The home fries were good but nothing extraordinary. My friend's hb's looked great and I'd probably choose that next time. And yes I would go back.

The place is small and loud if crowded, so if you want some quiet convo, this isn't the place. Service is great. Little things could be tended to though--for one, wipe off those salt and pepper shakers. Greasy shakers just turn my stomach, they're nasty. And the window we were sitting at probably faced the street and at street level so the blinds were almost shut. What I could see was black dirt/debris just sitting right up next to the glass. Probably not able to clean it, but it was not real appetizing to look at.

Relatively inexpensive as long as you don't want a few vegis added. But a nice all around place to grab a good breakfast.

• Visited June 2012
Walla Walla, Washington
“Great options for vegetarians”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Although this place wasn't much to look at from the outside, I read once that the key to finding a good restaurant is to find one that looks like it's been around a few decades and has weathered the test of time. We came into the restaurant on a Saturday afternoon about 1 1/2 hours before closing. (They close at 3 p.m. at least on Saturday.) There was "graffiti" all over the walls in the waiting area and I wasn't sure what that was about and almost headed back out the door. One look at the menu explained the graffiti. If you are able to eat a Kamikaze (which is a 9-egg omelet, pound of hashbrowns, and meat) in half an hour, you get to sign the wall and get a free T-shirt. Ha! We weren't brave enough this time. I will say the floors needed a good vacuuming, but I assume that's because the place had been so busy all day and they were too busy making all that great food and seating people quickly which I really appreciated. The place was packed and we were grateful to get a booth by the window. If you're looking for fancy, this isn't the place but it does have a nice "down-home" quality to it. The waitstaff were friendly and attentive and were quick to take our orders. The options were incredible: virtually any type of waffle you can imagine from fresh fruit toppings to ice cream - even able to mix toppings to come up with your perfect waffle. (Our youngest ordered an ice-cream strawberry waffle that was delicious!) They have all the basic types of breakfast options including made-to-order omelets and also had burgers, wraps and sandwiches. All four of us being vegetarian, we were pleased to hear we could design our wrap, breakfast burrito, or omelet to accommodate that. One regret was that we didn't try the fresh-squeezed orange juice as they had a neat machine that had oranges in the top and a spout for the juice to come out. Next time. The food was delicious, the service was great, and we walked away stuffed and happy. Oh, and did I mention affordable? Excellent value.

• Visited June 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Bid Portions, Great Classic Diner Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We decided to check this place out on a Saturday morning, close to 11am. This was a gamble since we had seen people waiting outside when we'd past by. The wait wasn't that bad and the food...well worth a 20min wait. They have those great BIG portions any good diner should be known for. If your ready to eat, come and give the Kalico Kitchen a try!

Visited April 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Great value! Great food!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Very popular place! Very good portion sizes and very inexpensive.

Been to Kalico Kitchen? Share your experiences!