“Great place for lunch or dinner and not a chain restaurant”
Review of Picabu Bistro

Picabu Bistro
Ranked #43 of 895 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We came here only because of the "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" show with Guy Fieri. It was located next to Rosaurs grocery store. The restaurant location isn't the best, with very little natural lighting. The lunch cost was on the high end: one appetizer (angry shrimp), cactus burger, and the chicken corn cilantro potstickers. With tip and tax: $40+

With that said, we thought the food was very unique and delicious. The cactus burger was plenty big, came with clam chowder that was very good (full of clams). Just the right spicy sauce and nice angus beef burger.

Pot stickers were on the savory side. Didn't taste too much of the cilantro. Dipped in the soy sauce made up for the savory taste. Probably should eat this before the cactus burger. Good to see a neighborhood bistro make national recognition.

There are newer reviews for Picabu Bistro

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We chose to eat here because we saw it on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." The menu is limited but everything we had was delicious. The restaurant is small and cute, staff was friendly.
We started with the Southwest calamari. It was good but nothing special. I would probably skip it next time and try something else.
Then we had the fire pasta and marinated philly steak wrap. Both were yummy but the steak wrap was super yummy. Me and my husband ended up splitting our orders so I could have some of his wrap. The beef was some of the most tender I've ever had.
Unfortunately, we probably won't be back in Spokane for awhile but if we ever are we will eat here again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was there when they opened and have been a regular...then I left the area and it was hard to find my way back to them...recently I started trying to make my way back to them, only to find my available nights did not mesh with theirs. A good friend of mine and I wanted to have a quiet evening with good food and nice wine...OH WE WERE WRONG...How about excellent food and fantabulous wines? (I thank spell check that it now recognizes fantabulous as a word). We started with the Angry Prawns...which incidentally made us very happy...a sassy blend of creamy hot poured over the large prawns, with some toast points to sop up the left over sauce. My dinning partner had the Smashed Rueben, one of the original items on their menu. Personally I think it THE BEST REUBEN available in Spokane, and which I recommended to her. The good news she is still my closest friend. I have been absent from their tables for so long I had to have another 'almost' original menu item the Desert Lime Chicken. Ah, the memories...and just a little bit better than I remember. Next time I am there, I promise to try something new...but this time it was about old times, memories of old friends and introducing new friends to a out of the way artisan restaurant. A neighborhood secret that needs to be the go to place for a few more people. Did I mention the original art that they display. All local artists!!!

1  Thank MajikWolfe
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Wow was I lucky to find this place. I had lunch there and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the staff. I had a blackened lime chicken with a side of chili. It was so awesome. I sat at the bar and watched the food being prepared and everything I saw I wanted to order.
Austin was the head guy there and was super nice and Tiana just made me smile with her warmth and friendliness. If you like fresh local and a friendly atmosphere this is it.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed by the quality of food here. Everything is fresh and flavorful. They really have some work to do on their wine list though:-/ it's pretty blah. Which is sad, that would push them over the top.