“Eclectic menu and Seattle vibe all in Spokane?!?!”
Review of Picabu Bistro

Picabu Bistro
Ranked #44 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Spokane, Washington
“Eclectic menu and Seattle vibe all in Spokane?!?!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We wandered in to this little hole in the wall in a rather non descript strip mall... On the inside it is bustling, the place is small with a real eclectic Seattle vibe. The menu was all over the place... What is a girl to do? We started off with the chicken potstickers, these were very different than your run of the mill potstickers these are Delicious! My sweetheart picked the desert lime chicken, it had amazing flavor.. Accompanied by a black bean chili and these fluffy polenta cakes. Yum!
The kid chose the Philly steak wrap with steak fries and barely spoke while he chowed down. So I am pretty sure it must have been good. I picked the grilled chicken gyro with Tzatziki sauce, and black bean chili as my side. The chili is hearty with great flavor a huge chunks of meat. The coffee in these little places is typically horrific but I was pleasantly surprised with the Spokane local blend from Cravens. Who knew?
To top it off the service was exceptional... We will be happy to visit this place again!

Visited April 2013

Lakewood, Washington
“Delicious food - Great staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were in Spokane for a family reunion and some of decided to escape for a bit and visit this restaurant after having seen it featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. When the kids (teenagers) wanted to know what kind of food they had - we just told them everything and that they would be satifsied - they were a bit frustrated but came along anyway. They were happy that they did! We had pot stickers, angry shrimp, curry, mahi mahi fish and chips,2 different pasta dishes and a slice of peanut butter pie for dessert. There was not a speck of any food left on anyone's plates! We passed our plates so everyone could try everything and there was so much hmmmmm yummy going around it was crazy! We showed up at around 3 on a Saturday and there were plenty of seats available, but they were expecting a crowd later on. Our server answered all of our endless questions and was incredibly personable. Cute place on the inside, average decor, but considering it is in a little place at the end of a small grocery store strip, the environment was much better than expected.

• Visited March 2013
Spokane, WA
“A place for everyone”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I tell my friends I had a great meal at Picabu, they always ask, what kind of restaurant is it? I'm never sure what to say, because there is such a variety of food there
Oriental, american, greek, vegan, lots of choices.

There are so many good things on the menu we can never decide what to order

We really need to go back more often so we can sample more items on the menu.

I have had the falafel and the vegan pad thai with tofu and the vegan cheesecake with blueberry topping. They are all very good. The falafel is very yummy but kind of messy to eat.
My friend usually orders the kung pao tofu and loves it. Last time she ordered the curry bowl with tofu and it was out of this world yummy. I might get that next time. She asked them if they could add peanuts to the curry bowl and it was no problem.

It's nice they have 7 items on the menu that are either vegan or can be made vegan. There are so few places in Spokane that offer anything for those eating a plant based diet. But it is not a vegan restaurant. There is something for everyone here! That's the great thing. You can take a mixed group and everyone will find something they like on the menu.
Also they have a great wine list.

The service is always really good. The staff are very friendly and accomodating.

Prices are very reasonable.

Definitely going back again soon

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Fire Pasta!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The previous reviews were completely correct! The fire pasta was absolutely YUMMY...I had it without the red pepper flakes and if you like spicy this is your dish! It is at about the same level as buffalo wings... I will definitely come back here next time I am in Spokane!!!

Visited February 2013
Oregon
“Have recommended this place to our 30-something kids”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were in Spokane for a one night get-away and after looking online, chose this place for its interesting variety of menu offerings. It was a busy Saturday night there, but the service was quick and attentive. The draft beer was reasonably priced and our food was excellent: the night's special, a marinated pork dinner; and the chicken gyro with a side of black bean chili were all delicious. We will definitely go back again. In fact, it was so good that we have recommended Picabu Bistro to our adult sons and our daughterinlaw for their next Spokane visit. Picabu is their style: healthy food, good portions, in a fun, comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Picabu Bistro? Share your experiences!