“Awful customer service”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
BC
“Awful customer service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I cancelled my reservation at this hotel before staying because the customer service was so terrible, I didn't want to go near the place.
I phoned for a quote on one night's stay, parking while out of the country, and another night's stay at the conclusion. The first time I was quoted in the mid $200s.
After phoning around, this was a decent rate so I phoned back to book. This time I was quoted in the low $200s and I specifically confirmed that this price included parking. So I booked and asked for an email confirmation.
A day later, I hadn't received anything, so I sent an email politely asking for the confirmation. After a week it still hadn't arrived so I phoned again.
At this time I was quoted a completely different price - actually in the low $300s.
At no point were the customer service representatives prepared to honour a lower price.
So I cancelled and booked at the Holiday Inn, where the price was higher than the Best Western's lowest quote, but lower than their highest quote, and was at least consistent. I received a confirmation within 5 minutes of booking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize about the rate issues you encountered. I wish you were able to stay with us so we could show you outstanding customer service. I am glad you found a place to stay and hope that you will have a great trip. Hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you.

Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Creston, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived late and tired but Lobby was very inviting. Rooms looked like they were remodeled Very clean and pleasing decor. They had a free shuttle service to nearby Casino which we took advantage of. Free Breakfast was great. A short drive from Freeway but very quiet. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for writing a nice review of our hotel. I am so glad you were able to use our shuttle and find us easily off the interstate. Thank you for the comments about breakfast. Have a wonderful day. We hope to see you again soon.

hermiston
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here on a last minute hunt for a hotel at 7pm after a football in Cheney. I was a little reluctant to even try this motel as it is a little close to the freeway but I am very glad that my husband talked me into it! The rooms were very large and CLEAN. It looks to me like it has recently been completely updated. The rooms were very modern. It was very handy to have the Denny's Restaurant right across the parking lot. We were able to get dinner and a drink in there very clean bar area. The bed was very comfortable and there was NO NOISE from the freeway. The breakfast was nothing to write home about -- typical free motel breakfast- but we didn't leave hungry! I am very glad that we chose this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for belonging to our Best Western Rewards program. Our Happy Hour is a great time to socialize and enjoy a glass of wine or beer. We have added some soups to our menu for fall. Hopefully you will get a chance to come stay with us again. Have a wonderful day.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This facility is pretty big, at first we could not find our room, but when we did we were delighted. A clean and modern environment. All the amenities seemed to be new and in excellent working condition. The bed was comfortable. Since we are Platinum Rewards Card members we were invited to the manager's reception. The wines tasted excellent, so did the goodies that were also offered. Breakfast was plentiful. The staff presented itself in a polite and professional manner. It was a joy to stay at this facility.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of the wonderful things you said about our property. I am so glad we were able to provide you with the services and amenities you deserve. Thank you for joining us for our "Happy Hour" I think we enjoy hosting it as much as you enjoyed being there. It is really nice to give everyone a relaxing time to socialize besides the rush of breakfast. Again Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Sequim, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here twice on each end of a flight in and out of Spokane Airport. This motel is about 5 minutes from the airport. The staff were all great and helpful. Breakfast is better than most with a wide assortment of egg options, bisquits & gravey, pastry etc.
The room was larger than most, and had a large flat screen TV. We did not use the pool or hot tub, but they looked good.
Our only issue was we booked online and thought we had a good rate at $107 ($121 after taxes) but on check in the guy next to us had a room at about half the price. There are several newer motels close to the airport, but all in all, this was a good experience and the room was very quiet even though the motel is near the freeway.
Denny's is next door, but other than that your options are limited. Hotel will shuttle you to other options nearby.

Room Tip: Top floor is best, shuttle to airport every 30 min, shuttle to local restaurants is a plus.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom T
First off I'd like to thank you for writing a review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and our amenities. Our staff works very hard at providing excellent service. As far as the room rate rates. The person who had the lower rate then you must have worked for a company we have a negotiated rate with as 107.95 is one of our discounted rates also. I apologize for the confusion. We hope you will stay with us again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Halfway between Yellowstone and Vancouver, we needed a place to rest our weary heads. My wife and I tend to go on the cheap, so read the reviews for the lowest priced options for Spokane, and all I can say to the reviewers is THANK YOU for steering us clear of what sounds like some terrible motels. When we saw that we could get a very nice room with full breakfast buffet, swimming pool, gym etc etc for forty bucks more, who could argue? The Peppertree Airport Inn did not disappoint -- great room (even with the noise from the highway), good LCD TV with lots of channels and movies, comfy bed in a very clean room, and swimming pool/hot tub. The staff were very nice and accommodating, and the bill was just over a hundred bucks including tax. The breakfast buffet was very good and there's a Denny's steps away from the lobby for other meals. Five stars for us for sure....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and all of our amenities. I hope you had a wonderful rest of your trip and we hope to see you again soon.

Calgary
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a large and busy edition of the Best Western on the outskirts of Spokane. I got the impression that management here was trying to do things right but was falling a bit short. Example, there were a couple of stray hairs in the bath tub and they were not mine. Example, the volume control on the TV remote did not work. Example, frayed carpet at one of the baseboards. Example, the disposable coffee cups were not sani-wrapped.

On the good side the staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast, by motel standards, was above average. The location was convenient, although the entrance was easy to miss at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a trip advisor review of our property. I apologize about the things that were not up to your satisfaction. However I can assure you that all of those things will be fixed in the near future as we are preparing for an upgrade in the near future. Thank you for the nice compliments to our staff. We hope that you will stay with us again.