“Trying to get it right but falling a bit short.”

Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a large and busy edition of the Best Western on the outskirts of Spokane. I got the impression that management here was trying to do things right but was falling a bit short. Example, there were a couple of stray hairs in the bath tub and they were not mine. Example, the volume control on the TV remote did not work. Example, frayed carpet at one of the baseboards. Example, the disposable coffee cups were not sani-wrapped.

On the good side the staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast, by motel standards, was above average. The location was convenient, although the entrance was easy to miss at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for writing a trip advisor review of our property. I apologize about the things that were not up to your satisfaction. However I can assure you that all of those things will be fixed in the near future as we are preparing for an upgrade in the near future. Thank you for the nice compliments to our staff. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel shares a parking lot with a truck stop. The elevator smells like an ashtray. Beds are very soft and offer zero support. During the night our son was bitten all over his body by fleas. We contacted the manager first thing in the morning and he was to busy to stay with us. On our way out gusts were playing fetch with their dogs in the hallway. This is an acceptable place if you want a 2 star hotel and you smoke and have a dog.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jenndoula
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes we are a dog friendly hotel. However we have designated pet rooms. Every time there is a pet, that room gets deep cleaned so not to bother our next guests. As far as smoking we are an entirely non-smoking property. We can not control smoking completely, but do our best to maintain a smoke free environment. We strive to make each guests stay wonderful and appreciate all feedback. We are always looking for ways to continue to improve. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Highly satisfied by the service, the room was more than I expected, and I loved the bed. Will return!

• Stayed: February 2012
AsstMgrSpokane, Manager at Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our Best Western property. I am pleased to pass on the great service comment to our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Not a good choice for anyone sensitive to cigarette smoke or smell. The hotel was supposed to be 100% non smoking. The first room I was checked into was so smoky that you could not only smell it but it was still visible in the room. There were no other rooms available that night and the next morning at breakfast I heard numerous people complaining about smoke in their room, many of which were athletes there for the state track meet we were attending. On top of this they lost my reservation and overcharged me. I had booked the room 3 months in advance online and had a confirmation e-mail but I was still charged a higher rate than I originally booked. Staff was friendly but not very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank K1243IM

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our hotel is 100% smoke free. I was trying to look up your reservation to check on the rate and what room smelled smoky so I could look into it. However you didn't provide me with your name so I am unable to look into this. If you would like to call our hotel I would be happy to talk to you and try to get this straightened out. Thank you.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Second time passing thru Spokane..first time here at the airport Best Western
Friendly, knowledgable staff... reasonally quick check in without a reservation.... No pet fees... Nice...
Large room with couch, desk and king bed... very comfy bed..
.. Nice updates... would definitely stay here again... The usual BW linens ....The room was very quite and I was next to the elevator and ice machine...

Only complaint...and I'm stretching here.... could not take my wine from the managers party, to my room... oh well...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the compliments to our hotel. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and get you checked in. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you next time you are in Spokane.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We chose the first Best Western,that we came upon as a stopover on our way back home to Calgary,AB.At first we thought it was a little out of the way but then were pleasantly surprised to find that it was a short and pretty much direct drive to downtown Spokane Wash.And just as short a drive back also.The decor in our room was very pleasant and nice,brown tones and browns,with a huge granite top sink.We found after staying 2 previous BW's (on this trip) that we got more bang for our buck here than any of the previous ones(even with the exchange).The only item I noticed not present was a safe,but I'm sure the had some form of security at the desk,we just never had reason to ask.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

First off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you chose to stay with us. It's true that we seem a little out of the way however we are only 5 miles from the downtown Spokane area. Thank you for the compliments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was the first time I have stayed at this hotel and it met all my expectations. I usually stay at the Winton which is literally right across the street from the airport. One of my reasons for choosing Best Western is the special they are running this summer (stay 3 times, get 1 night free). I thought the bed was quite comfortable and I enjoyed the large room set up as a small suite (living area on one side of the room). I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. I can't speak for breakfast because I had to leave by 5:15 am, though they do offer nice little breakfast boxes with a water, apple, and Nutrigrain bar. I've been to some Best Westerns where they present you with a snack basket for a snack of your choosing when you show your Best Western rewards card, but not here (and it's not a big deal). You can't go wrong and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We really appreciate the nice comments. I am so glad you were able to grab a to-go breakfast since you had to leave so early. I hope you had a great flight and wonderful time in Spokane. We do offer a snack and bottle of water at check in to our rewards members. I apologize for that getting over looked. I will speak to all of our desk clerks and remind them of this as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so we are able to step up our service a little bit more. We hope to see you next time you are in Spokane. Thank you.