“We asked to see a room and fled for our lives”
Review of Days Inn Spokane

Days Inn Spokane
Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We are retired and are traveling the US for two months. Whenever we stop at a motel we ask to see a room before booking. The desk gave us a key to check a room. It was terrible. We checked into the Fair Bridge motel down the look and it was very good. We have stayed in over 40 motels in the last two months. This one was at the bottom of the list. ALWAYS asked to see a room first.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank George_and_Veronica

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had to change rooms first off as the room they put us in was filthy. Was not vacuumed and there was popcorn and old grapes on the floor. We changed rooms to something only marginally better. We left for the day to sightsee and my nephew left $50 in the room ( hidden in his toiletries bag ) and upon our return, the money and some snacks were stolen. I brought this up to the manager and front desk and in speaking with the manager, Mike Creekmore, my concerns were not addressed and after staring at me for several seconds, he said there was nothing he could do but would talk to his staff. So far, no calls back, no show for concerns. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. A lesson learned for my nephew to never leave cash in a hotel room, but the manager should be a little more concerned about his housekeeping staff and his guests. NEVER STAY HERE !

Room Tip: If you want a safe, clean secure place, don't stay here !
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed March 21, 2011

After a stay like at a place like this, you will feel the need for a hot shower, and a hot wash for all your clothes, when you get home. The rooms smelled dank and musty, and you will too after staying here. Some in our party were so grossed out that they went and bought their own blankets and sheets since they did not want to touch the ones here. The furniture was old and stained. The safety lock on my door was broken off. The décor was 30 years old or more. The room was cold and there were not enough blankets on the bed. The neighborhood is unpleasant.

On the plus side, the staff was pleasant, but the place is still a dive.

This was NOT a place I would go back to or recommend until it goes through a thorough renovation.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank jgfrsea
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This hotel is just plain gross!!! Filthy shower filled with someone else's hair, dirty grey sheets and towels, awful smell, trash outside, filth breakfast room....I could go on!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MTHockeyMom
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This hotel is more like a Motel 6 with a continental breakfast (biscuits & gravy, waffles, pastries, cereal). The bathroom had mildew in the tiles around the upper tub area. The beds were okay. The breakfast room was busy and counters messy from guest use, but the staff member was trying to stay on top of it. The ice machine is outside. Drive slow in the parking lot as it is a rough one! It supposedly had internet access in the room, but I couldn't get it to work (no problem at the 5 other hotels I stayed at on this trip).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KathyPortOrchard_WA
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed at the Days Inn for several nights during a longer stay in Spokane. We stayed at the Davenport the other nights - which was a treat - but got such good rates at the Days Inn - $55/night - during NCAA tournament, that we couldn't resist.

Frankly, I'm pretty picky and this hotel was really OK especially looking at what we paid for it. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the parking was free. We were in the main building on the 2nd floor. It was frankly extremely quiet and I'm a light sleeper.

The bed was a bit uncomfortable and the linens and towels are you would expect, cheap. The room was clean, though one of the light bulbs was out and I wrote a note to house keeping (with a tip) and asked for it to be replaced - never was.

Yes, the room and furnishings need to be badly updated - something out of a 60's hotel I would think. However, bathroom was of adequate size and was clean, good water pressure in the shower and it got hot.

I wouldn't advise touching the carpet on the floors - that was my big negative about this place. I just kept on shoes, socks or flip flops and I was fine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDSpartan
Reviewed January 24, 2010

no shuttle. Sent a car "from the north." took an hour. No microwave or fridge.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends