“Hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet, and reasonably priced.”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
West Kelowna,B.c.
“Hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet, and reasonably priced.”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I asked for the internet price, and was graciously granted that, so I didn't have to go through the internet hassle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Harvie Heights, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Every so often I feel the urge to go to Spokane on a shopping spree and therefore need a simple, inexpensive, no-frills place to spend the night. I booked this motel through Hotwire, therefore I didn't really know where I'm going to stay but overall it was a pleasant surprise. The price was very competitive, the Continental breakfast awesome and the room clean and cozy. The wireless worked OK,- I've seen better but also a lot worse! Located right on the strip it tends to be a bit noisy but sure close to all the shopping I needed to fit into the tight schedule;-) Front desk staff is professional and courteous. If you have a big vehicle, park on the side of the motel. That parking lot offers more space to maneuver around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The "HOJO" was comfortable. The room had a funky smell when we got there but we were hardley their so we did not mind so much.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Spokane hotels

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed here for one night, I had a Queen size bed. When I entered the room their was a note from the hotel cleaner saying the room was clean and her name. I thought that was very nice. The hotel was VERY CLEAN and hotel desk was very friendly! Very good price for such a nice looking hotel I was very impressed! It was a few blocks walk to the big mall In Spokane. Very nice walk, very nice city. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel I would stay there again! Keep up the good work!!! =)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kornbabe
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I booked this hotel for our anniversary trip because it looked close to downtown and was in our budget. I will start off with the positives. It had a continental breakfast, free wifi, and the staff was pleasant. However, the room smelled bad when we came in, in order to use the hair dryer you had to hold the plug in into the socket as it would stop working if you let go. We could hear the shower from next door for every one of their four showers that morning. It was difficult to find off Division and the parking lot was set up weird. In order to use the small pool, you had to alert the front desk so they could open the pool up for you. In the online pictures it looks like there is a hot tub but it is covered over and not in use. We had a room that faced the street and heard traffic all night. You are able to enter the hotel side door without a key. Even though it was in our budget I wish we had booked a different hotel for our anniversary trip. If you are traveling for business and don't care what the room looks like, this would work. However if you are coming to Spokane for fun I would recommend a downtown hotel. Even though they are pricier, you have to pay for parking in downtown anyways so if you are in a hotel there you could just walk. We will not be staying at this hotel again. We started to head home Monday but my husband wanted to stay another day, so we ended up staying at the Wingate by Wyndhham and WOW, what a difference.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
seattle, wa
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Just returned from this hotel and would like to start by saying the service is outstanding. The breakfast is more than just a muffin, there are waffles, coffee, cereal and biscuits and gravy. The rates are awesome. Plenty of places to eat and close to downtown and a mall. Also free WiFi. Coffee offered 24 hours in lobby, cookies at night :-)

The other...no restaurant/lounge (but lots of options nearby), unavailability of the pool, bad smells everywhere, room entry door doesn't exactly meet the door frame and in serious need of a makeover. Heater and/or air conditioner not sufficient and plugged in through a series of extension cords. I mean yes it's low budget, but WOW. There is some maintainance going on with the signs out front so can be a bit of a challenge to get through the working men at the front door.

Might be in a soso neighborhood. The 3 nights I was there heards lots of sirens and people walking by outside fighting/arguing sometime after 11pm.

Ate at the Chinese restaurant nearby Kaylon(?). This is NOT chinese food. No flavor and bad deal. What is really cool is that there is a service that will deliver food from any number of restaurants in the area for a fee (5.99+15% gratuity automatically added to the already inflated costs of the food)...but hey...if your hungry and it's late.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HojoSpokane, General Manager & Owner at Motel 6, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to let others know of your stay. I especially appreciate your kind works regarding my staff, breakfast, rates, location, and the little extras that we have added to better serve our guests.

I regret to hear that you did seem to encounter some issues. I would value the opportunity to speak with you direct regarding which room you encountered some of these problems as well as when it was that you stayed. This would allow me to ensure that future guests do not experience the same challenges.

The neighborhood is really fairly good. We have a beautiful historic neighborhood right behind us that is very quiet and well-maintained. We are situated right on Division St which is the largest north/south street in the city. Therefore, if you had a room that faces that street you would encounter more noise with cars and sirens and such.

I hope that you will take a few minutes to contact me. I would value the opportunity to serve you again on any return trips to Spokane that you may have in the future. Thank you again!
Lakewood, WA
Reviewed April 11, 2010

A couple of my co-workers who live in Spokane gave me surprised looks when I said I'd be staying here, because they didn't know of the hotel. It's very easy to drive past it as it looks a bit like apartments along Division, a very busy street, and the sign is not particularly large.

I stayed here during the NCAA Championships because everyone in town was doubling their hotel prices, and I didn't want to pay downtown rates. Frankly, this chance won me over and I plan to stay at the HoJo again. Everything in the room seemed new and intuitive to operate. I was a bit worried when I came in and saw a teen soccer team was spending the night, but the hotel must have put them in a different area because I didn't hear a thing all evening. The wifi worked, which is a plus and it's not consistent in some of the downtown hotels. On the whole, I consider this hotel a great find.

The street is busy but you could walk to decent tourist restaurants and it's a straight shot to downtown. The northern mall is Spokane is nearby. If you don't need to stay downtown and your company cares if you pinch a few pennies, I'd def look here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate that you took this opportunity to tell others about what you encountered with our hotel!

We are consistently trying to increase awareness among the locals. We have been here since 1973 and have over the past couple of years really worked to update the exterior to reflect a more modern “hotel” exterior. Recently, we have completed an enhanced entrance to the building that I believe will really help raise this awareness and visibility with the locals.

We are very fortunate in that our location is so convenient to most of the venues and restaurants in Spokane. Also, we are very proud of the many “value added” amenities that we have made a standard in all of our rooms.

I am pleased to hear that the in-house volleyball teams were not disruptive. My staff really strives to stay on top of any noise issues (especially when we have large teams) and it is always great to hear that they have been effective at this.

We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps during the next NCAA Championship.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell others and we hope to see you soon!