“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6

and 1 more site!
Motel 6
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Spokane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our family had a 3 weeks’ vacation between July and August in 2010, we made our first driving trip to go through 6 national parks between the State of Washington and South Dakota. Glacier National Park was the last one we visited and the city of Spokane was the last stop before heading home to Seattle.

We booked the Howard Johnson almost a month and a half ago when we were planning our trip. We arrived at the hotel like 3am in the morning, exhausted and completely depleted. But the worst news was --- the front desk could not find our guest registration information.

I showed them the print out of my booking and later on I found out the fault was mine. I booked the wrong date, the day was correct but the wrong month. The front desk told me they charged the room already on our No Shows. It was late and our physical conditions did not allow us to have time to look for another hotel. So I asked for whatever they had available for a couple hours rest before we drove back to Seattle. The only room left was a huge room with 3 beds and 2 baths. We took it immediately without questions.

After a brief 5 hours rest, we had a quick breakfast and ready to leave around 10am. With such a rush we had, we did not check out any of the hotel features, not their swimming pool and / or nearby restaurants in the neighborhood.

When I returned the keys to the front desk and ready to check out, the lady manager came out and told me she decided NOT to charge us for the night after she reviewed the records and found my mistaken registration on an earlier date. That was the best news I heard at the very end of my long trip.

It was a very short stay for us but she gave us an impressive memory on a mistake that I made. It is now more than 2 years ago (August 2010) and I am still grateful on what they have done. With gratitude to their integrity, I hereby write this review. I do not remember much about the breakfast nor their facilities but their kindness and honesty have imprinted deep in my heart.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
EL CAJON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here last year and everything was great, the bed was nice the rooms were clean and the floors were not spotted and stained. Almost a year later the bed was sagging, the carpet in my room was stainedbadly and the bathroom fixtures were plugged up. I was standing in calf deep water while taking a shower. Do not think I will be staying here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family