“Great Historic Place”

Good for: Bar scene
Auburn, California
“Great Historic Place”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

On my first visit to Spokane last week, a friend took me to Jack & Dan's. It was so good, we went twice in three days. Very friendly staff with good food and drink. Historic joints are always worth a try.

• Visited August 2012

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Gonzaga Fan Mecca”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stopped for dinner on the way to a hockey game last week, had,'t been to J&D's for many, many years. We went in the back (parking lot) door and I had no idea how big the place was. Typical sports bar with lots of TV's and memorabilia. Of course being just blocks from Gonzaga the place goes nuts when the Bulldogs are playing.

The menue had plenty of choices and there were daily specials. I had halibut & chips, the halibut was excellent, the fries average. My wife & daughter split the chipotle burger and enjoyed it. I forgot what my son-in-law had but he said it was good. Overall we were pleased, the food wasn't fantastic but still very acceptable for bar food.

A decent selection of taps featured a few choices for a beer snob like me along with the usual yellow fizzy water. A full bar was appealing to the eye and looked to have anything you might want.

Prices were a tad high but I guess expected. Our server was good and pleasant. It wasn't packed but the crowd appeared to be having a fine time. Parkings kind of funky and traffic says you better think twice about which exit to take.

Overall I was pleased with our visit and would have no qualms about going back again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank dwcda
Moscow, ID
“Great sports bar - average food”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Lots of TV's - great spot for viewing or a pre-game meal before heading to the Kennel. Food is hit or miss. Burgers, Fnch dips and wraps are usually solid. Avoid the chicken sandwich - like biting into tasteless rubber. Good cold beer and friendly service.

Visited December 2011
Spokane, Washington
“Go there for the atmosphere, not the food.”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I frequent Jack & Dan's monthly (at least) as a graduate student who goes to school nearby. It is pretty hit or miss when you go there to eat. The food can be delicious or it can be kind of disgusting (once or twice I've bitten down on something hard/gross in my hamburger meat). Same goes for the service--some days the same servers are really on, and sometimes they just don't feel like working too hard. Decent beer selection, but their liquor is expensive. The food is decently priced, but the steak there is not worth it. We like to go there to watch Zags games or hang out after a rough day--not for the food.

blaine, wa
“Great Spokane Sports Bar”
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We were in town for the "Pig Out" (great food & music festival by the way), it was Saturday afternoon and we needed a football fix. What a neat place. There are umpteen TV's all over and the place has a very comfortable atmosphere. The bartender actually knows how to change the channels and knows what games are on - where they are on and when they are on. Our waitress - Jen or Jenny - was absolutely delightful. Seemed to danced to the beat of a different drum and was a complete hoot to be around. We loved every minute of her superb and personal service. We will definitely go again when we're back in Spokane.