“Gotta hunt for it to find it”
Review of Latah Bistro

Latah Bistro
Ranked #160 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on the way back to Spokane.
Had the House cured Corned Beef sandwich...very unusual and delicious. Kind of off the beaten path but worthy of your attention

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was the best food I have had in YEARS. I have been to top restaurants in NYC, LA, and more. . . but this beats everything in my memory!

My husband and I shared 2 appetizers: Charred Octopus and Gnocchi with Prawns.

The octopus was lovely. On the spicy side, but lovely.

The gnocchi?! OMG, little clouds! Better than Mario Batali's gnocchi. They were TO DIE FOR! The cream sauce with hints of fennel and baby peas was slurped up -- not a drop to spare. This is the best dish I have ever had. Ever.

We shared a lamp chop entree. The chops were seasoned to perfection. More importantly, the accompaniments made them SING! The salsa verde made of peas and radishes provided just the right amount of acidity while the parsnip puree, the sweetness. And not a mint leaf in sight! Just a modern, perfectly balanced dish.

And the wine! The wine was a red which had been blended specifically for Latah Bistro by a nearby winemaker. It was the perfect compliment to every dish.

I was SO impressed by this bistro. I didn't expect much of a restaurant in Spokane, to be honest -- but it's my first time visiting. But THIS! This amazing bistro that uses local suppliers and ended up being the caliber of a top NYC restaurant? I was flabbergasted.

1  Thank girlfoodie
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Love the simple local breakfast, the food is amazing. Chaps is always a mad house so pop across the lot and give it a try.

3  Thank graciesanborn
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I don't usually do reviews but am compelled - we had the most excellent dinner on New Year's Eve - wild boar with gnocchi - made me want to the pound the table ala "Harry Met Sally". Great service as always and a truly wonderful meal. Latah remains one of our favorites.

3  Thank kelvin24
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food was okay, loved the atmosphere, both times I have visited it seemed like the staff was having a bad day, service was eh.

1  Thank Hays70TLR