“Bad bad service”

Rock City Grill
Ranked #211 of 913 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rock City Grill is Spokane's most creative restaurant featuring a unique menu of non-traditional Italian food mixed in with American favorites. With a wood-fired oven, gourmet ingredients we create mouthwatering dishes like our Thai Pizza, Tuxedo pasta, Italian nachos, and of course, our famous Thai Peanut Sauce (that you can also buy in a bottle to take home). We boast a truly unique sixty item menu. With great starters, salads, pastas, pizzas, burgers, paninos, specialty entrees, and 28 gluten free options, there is definitely something for everyone at Rock City Grill. We are home to the Blue Martini Bar featuring over 60 wines, ice cold martinis, great Northwest Micro Brews, and more. We have moved to our third and final location in the past 24 years. We are on the corner of 57th and Regal. After all these years downtown we finally have our own parking lot. Our new spot is fun, energetic with the same great menu. We are a neighbor hood restaurant with 13 TVs to watch your favorite sports. We have a great patio which is perfect for date night, a Saturday afternoon with friends, or just a beautiful evening any day of the week. We have weekly lunch specials, Happy Hour from 3-6PM Monday through Friday (and all day on Sunday!), Martini Mondays, Thai Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, and more. We now serve breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays starting at 8:00 a.m. We guarantee our products and especially our service. Our friendly and welcoming staff is here to make sure you have a wonderful experience with us. We will not disappoint. So come out and try us, we're a seriously fun American - Italian Grill with an attitude!
Reviewed December 13, 2013

What happened to the Rock City Grill. The food is still good but the service was terrible. I tried the soup but could not eat it because it was spicy which I sent back and asked for a menu to choose something else. The waitress never borought a menu so i went up to the fornt and asked for one. 10 moinutes later she showed up asking if i wanted something else I asked her to give me 10 minutes to look at the menu again. She never showed back up unitl the salad we ordered was served. Which also was incorrect we ordered a grilled ceasar and was served a tradional salad. At that time my dinner companion stated if i wanted desert I better order it now. witch we did. Another 30 minutes later it arrived. We ordered soup and salad for a quick dinner and our meal most of witch was spent waiting took 1 1/2 hours.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've attempted to eat at this place twice when in Spokane. Both times the same thing happened - we came into the establishment and no one was at the front desk/area. We waited a few minutes. No one came around at all, not even to say "Sorry, we're swamped in the back - someone will be out to seat you very soon." Nothing. So we left. Probably won't try again.

RockCityGrill, Manager at Rock City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I want to appologize for your experience with us when you visited. We try our best to have a host or manager at the front at all times, but ocasionally they are away from the desk for a minute or two taking care of guests, seating guests or bussing tables. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and earn your business.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My sisters and I stopped at the Rock City Grill after visiting Riverside Park and River Park Square. It was about 2:00 pm. when we decided to try the Rock City Grill/Blue Martini Bar for lunch. There was a greeter at the podium and a bartender at the bar with the only customer in the place. We were asked if we would like to be seated, then the phone rang. The young lady proceeded to carry on a personal conversation while we stood there waiting. After about 5 minutes of hearing about the romantic trials of whoever she was talking about, we left. Obviously, courtesy and service are not high on their agenda.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice location right across from riverside park, and attached to the mall. Staff was courteous and obviously well trained. However, I found hair on my Ahi Tuna Salad soooo..... All and all I would definitely rate this as a solid establishment.

RockCityGrill, General Manager at Rock City Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Sir or Madam,

We just wanted to stress that we do everything we possibly can to keep these things from happening. Our entire kitchen staff is in hats at all times. Our servers, etc. all have their hair back. As much as we would like to have more control than that, it just isn't possible...air flow throughout the mall and outside on our patio is a variable we have no control of.
Obviously, we would love for it to never happen, and it rarely does, but we feel horrible when it does.
Thank you for your nice comments otherwise and thank you for coming in to RCG.

Steve Wills

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I want to start by saying that I have eaten here off and on since the old location. I have have always liked visiting and I never thought to review this online.An event with management occurred and I felt compelled. Since my visit around Christmas I feel that it has lost some splendor. I have been three times and each and every time has had some issue. First I sent back my pizza that was underdone and overly chewy. The waitress told me the pizzas now used 'homemade dough' and the 'old dough' I enjoyed was no longer being used. I was under the impression that they always used fresh house made dough and not a store bought product. The next visit the pizza dough was thick and raw in the middle, it was ALSO sent back and then I was told the 'house made dough' was a bad batch and 'thank you for noticing'. I then asked for the manager who went from straight faced to just rude. He told me that 'we are trying to correct this but you need to be patient' in a very cold tone. I was upset to see the pizza still on the bill after waiting nearly 35 min for the 'good dough'.so I asked to see the manager again. He told me that I ate the pizza and they had to make two pizzas. He said he would have taken it off if I had refused to eat both pizzas? I was hungry. I asked for the general manager and he informed me curtly that he was the GM. He then offered a discount or free dessert and walked away. It all seemed staged.The server apologized and said the Mgr is not always 'great with people'. Her face looked nervous, as if she was going to be yelled at as soon as I left. He left me the impression that is was somehow my fault for trying to correct my food. It was really the oddest interaction I have ever had dining out. Worst part? Love the Thai Pizza.

1  Thank Rita M