“Food great, staff lacked courtesy.”
Review of Rock City Grill

Rock City Grill
Ranked #237 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rock City Grill is Spokane's most creative restaurant featuring a unique menu of non-traditional Italian food mixed in with American favorites. With a wood-fired oven, gourmet ingredients we create mouthwatering dishes like our Thai Pizza, Tuxedo pasta, Italian nachos, and of course, our famous Thai Peanut Sauce (that you can also buy in a bottle to take home). We boast a truly unique sixty item menu. With great starters, salads, pastas, pizzas, burgers, paninos, specialty entrees, and 28 gluten free options, there is definitely something for everyone at Rock City Grill. We are home to the Blue Martini Bar featuring over 60 wines, ice cold martinis, great Northwest Micro Brews, and more. We have moved to our third and final location in the past 24 years. We are on the corner of 57th and Regal. After all these years downtown we finally have our own parking lot. Our new spot is fun, energetic with the same great menu. We are a neighbor hood restaurant with 13 TVs to watch your favorite sports. We have a great patio which is perfect for date night, a Saturday afternoon with friends, or just a beautiful evening any day of the week. We have weekly lunch specials, Happy Hour from 3-6PM Monday through Friday (and all day on Sunday!), Martini Mondays, Thai Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, and more. We now serve breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays starting at 8:00 a.m. We guarantee our products and especially our service. Our friendly and welcoming staff is here to make sure you have a wonderful experience with us. We will not disappoint. So come out and try us, we're a seriously fun American - Italian Grill with an attitude!
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Food great, staff lacked courtesy.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I want to start by saying that I have eaten here off and on since the old location. I have have always liked visiting and I never thought to review this online.An event with management occurred and I felt compelled. Since my visit around Christmas I feel that it has lost some splendor. I have been three times and each and every time has had some issue. First I sent back my pizza that was underdone and overly chewy. The waitress told me the pizzas now used 'homemade dough' and the 'old dough' I enjoyed was no longer being used. I was under the impression that they always used fresh house made dough and not a store bought product. The next visit the pizza dough was thick and raw in the middle, it was ALSO sent back and then I was told the 'house made dough' was a bad batch and 'thank you for noticing'. I then asked for the manager who went from straight faced to just rude. He told me that 'we are trying to correct this but you need to be patient' in a very cold tone. I was upset to see the pizza still on the bill after waiting nearly 35 min for the 'good dough'.so I asked to see the manager again. He told me that I ate the pizza and they had to make two pizzas. He said he would have taken it off if I had refused to eat both pizzas? I was hungry. I asked for the general manager and he informed me curtly that he was the GM. He then offered a discount or free dessert and walked away. It all seemed staged.The server apologized and said the Mgr is not always 'great with people'. Her face looked nervous, as if she was going to be yelled at as soon as I left. He left me the impression that is was somehow my fault for trying to correct my food. It was really the oddest interaction I have ever had dining out. Worst part? Love the Thai Pizza.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rita M

Spokane, Washington
“Great Eats”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food at Rock City Grill was great. Had the Thai Chicken Wrap with a apple pecan salad on the side. WOW! Was able to take some home for leftovers, as well. Won't regret this decision to get the finger-licking good meal. Nice wait staff and had virtually no line to wait and get seated.

• Visited July 2013
RockCityGrill, General Manager at Rock City Grill, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We really appreciate your business and love the fact that you had a great time!!
Olympia, Washington
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Easy walk from our hotel, downtown, great atmosphere, cocktails were well prepared and tasty, outdoor dining at its best!

Visited July 2013
We wanted to thank you for your great comments about our drinks and patio. Our patio has become a very popular place to meet. Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Santa Clarita, California
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We make it a point to go to Rock City Grill, located inside the mall whenever we are in Spokane. We have only had lunch, however, if dinner is anything like their lunch, I would recommend the eatery for dinner as well.
Basics: Parking- a snap. You park at the mall at the end of Lincoln street before it turns West away from the Spokane River. Take your parking ticket with you as there is a booth directly across from Rock City where you can pay before leaving the mall. Saves time and headache waiting in line to pay upon exit. You just breeze through the Express lane.
We are always greeted immediately upon entering and seated immediately. The wait staff is just about as nice, courteous and helpful as we have seen anywhere. The food is just off the chart yummy! We like to start with the Buffalo Wings. It takes a minute as each batch is made to order, not pre-cooked then warmed. We suggest ordering the wings and when they arrive, order your entree. Everythig we have had was good. Since it is usually lunch, we opt for a salad. I usually go for the low cal chopped salad. Do the LUNCH size. It is surprisingly filling, especially on top of an order of Buffalo WIngs. The hot bread sticks are worth a refill ( at no cost). The dough is like a tangy pizza dough. The sticks are fresh, soft and hot. Very complementary to your salad.

We do not order alcohol so can't comment on that.

We would rate this place a "5" if they would only turn on the darn heat! Bring a sweater/light jacket, because even in summer ( unless you opt to sit outside) the establishment is ALWAYS cold.

The restaurant is in the mall, as mentioned, therefore, you can shop till you drop after your very yummy meal,.

• Visited June 2013
Cheney, Washington
“Great place to eat before or after movie”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I love eating here before or after a movie. The Thai peanut noodle dish is great. The fish and chips are very good. We love their blended margaritas, they are so good. The service is good. I think more than anything is the location. While going upstairs to watch and movie, you are in Riverpark Square and don't have to drive anywhere before or after the movie to get something good to eat or drink.

• Visited June 2013