“Yum~!”

Rock City Grill
Ranked #230 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rock City Grill is Spokane's most creative restaurant featuring a unique menu of non-traditional Italian food mixed in with American favorites. With a wood-fired oven, gourmet ingredients we create mouthwatering dishes like our Thai Pizza, Tuxedo pasta, Italian nachos, and of course, our famous Thai Peanut Sauce (that you can also buy in a bottle to take home). We boast a truly unique sixty item menu. With great starters, salads, pastas, pizzas, burgers, paninos, specialty entrees, and 28 gluten free options, there is definitely something for everyone at Rock City Grill. We are home to the Blue Martini Bar featuring over 60 wines, ice cold martinis, great Northwest Micro Brews, and more. We have moved to our third and final location in the past 24 years. We are on the corner of 57th and Regal. After all these years downtown we finally have our own parking lot. Our new spot is fun, energetic with the same great menu. We are a neighbor hood restaurant with 13 TVs to watch your favorite sports. We have a great patio which is perfect for date night, a Saturday afternoon with friends, or just a beautiful evening any day of the week. We have weekly lunch specials, Happy Hour from 3-6PM Monday through Friday (and all day on Sunday!), Martini Mondays, Thai Tuesdays, Wine Wednesdays, and more. We now serve breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays starting at 8:00 a.m. We guarantee our products and especially our service. Our friendly and welcoming staff is here to make sure you have a wonderful experience with us. We will not disappoint. So come out and try us, we're a seriously fun American - Italian Grill with an attitude!
“Yum~!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Order lots of drinks and plenty of appetizers. No matter how full you get, you'll wish you tried everything on the menu.

Visited September 2011

Spokane Valley
“Who Knew A Mall Restaurant Would Be So Awesome?”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

You know when you go to a restaurant and you have that awesome experience, maybe it was the staff that day, the chef was really giving his all or maybe I was just zoned in on the place. Rock City was that place for my family and I. Usually when we travel we completely avoid malls or airports for our dining options. Not that there isnt great food to be found, but typically we look for locally owned and highly recommended eateries from taco trucks to steak houses. Rock City covered all those bases. I'm not sure what Rock City is, we didn't see much music oriented decor or rock music (mostly a stream of soft 80's hits). There was random 'hippy volkwagens' coming out from the walls. What made up for the confusing theme was the incredibly diverse menu, I think the chef is trying please everyone, and he did. My kids had pizza, I had fish tacos and the wife had a peanut sauce pasta. The server was funny and knew the drink menu better than the food menu (hmm). It is open with lots of giant windows and everyone just seemed happy to be there. That rubbed off on my family because the kids were giggling, the wife was smiling and I could glance off to catch some NBA Finals on the tv. Thanks to the woman at my sons school who recommended it! Hope to repeat this soon.

• Visited June 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Overpriced - You're paying for decor”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've been to Rock City several times now since they've moved from their previous location years ago and have yet to have a good experience or even one where I walk away thinking "wow... that was worth $50 for two people". Tonight my group was in a bit of a hurry (had to be outta there within an hour and a half - which is speedy for this restaurant) so I safely ordered the chicken quesadilla, for almost $10 mind you. It was worse than if a 3 yr old prepared it. Seriously? How can you screw up something as simple as a chicken quesadilla? One of the guys in the group ordered a steak, which was totally overdone. We didn't have time to send it back so he choked it down. Two others ordered burgers and barely ate half each. The one gal that ordered a pizza was satisfied but... it's pizza... and overpriced at that. Makes me believe that any of the positive reviews listed here must be coming from people who absolutely do NOT know good, decent food or are just happy to not have to do dishes at home. There is no 'fresh' anything here... it all comes in on the same truck as Red Robin or Applebee's so save your time and money and go eat the same crap somewhere cheaper. Even the Long Island Ice Tea I ordered tasted more like the nasty city water than tea. When my husband and I left tonight, I reminded him why it was such a blessing that we actually walked out the last time we came here - after waiting over 20 mins in the bar before even being approached by a waitress when we had a movie to get to. I will not ever, ever, ever be back here again. I work too hard for my money and hardly ever eat out... so it's a treat when we do. I'm more pissed off tonight than if I would have just blown $50 at the casino. I'll be shocked if they're still in business a year from now... and if they are... it's not from repeat customers.

• Visited June 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Repeat Customers - And with Good Reason! :)”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I both enjoy having dinner and/or drinks anytime we stop through Spokane. If you eat at Rock City Grill, you are sure to experience fantastic appetizers and cocktails, with a vast array of lunch and dinner options. The tables in the lounge are a little crowded, but smile and consider it "intimate." The regular formal sitting is plenty spacious, so if you're concerned, simply request a seat.

As for the menu itself, you truly can be any mood and find something that fits. Rock City's menu has south western, Asian, modern European and standard American fare. Crab cakes? Sure! A great burger? Absolutely! Garlic and sun-dried tomato chicken and angel hair pasta? It's the best!

This restaurant is a really easy "yes" for me - if I am in the mood for good, reliable service, warm and well-plated food, and a fun, inviting atmosphere, it's definitely the place to stop.

• Visited April 2012
“Best Pizza in Town”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We took a group of lady hockey fans from Everett WA to Rock City before a hockey game. The drinks were awesome and I always order the East Meets West Pizza. It's half Thai Chicken and Buffalo Chicken. The thai peanut sauce is the best and the Buffalo chicken side comes with celery sticks and blue cheese (you'll need it for the fire). The ladies loved the Cosmos drinks and they have a very nice selection of microbrews. We always have go boxes evertime we go there. If you leave hungry it's your own fault. The calzones are great and so are the other large pizzas, which come in many sizes. This has started a new tradition; that before any Everett Silvertip/Spokane Chiefs Game, we all have to go to Rock City Grill.

• Visited November 2011

Been to Rock City Grill? Share your experiences!